I think I asked before....

I think I asked before.... but misplaced the responses :-(

Is X10 or something else the best way to implement....

Relay closure in one part of house causes 4 different relay closures in other parts of the house.

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

Relay Coil Inductance on 9/5/2009 11:41 pm, I think it was pm.

Bill

Reply to
Garberstreet Electronics

"Garberstreet Electronics" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Nope, AM, sorry.

Bill

Reply to
Garberstreet Electronics

Insteon? Anyone tried it? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

They have bidirectional communications, So the controller knows if the command was received. And they can talk X10. Found nothing bad written on them

Martin Riddle

X10 really sucks. There is not acknowledge going back to the transmitter. They don't use enough narrow banding to reject the noise from a CFL. They don't even phase lock to the 60Hz to get an accurate frequency. The result is that some transmitters work better with some receivers etc.

How about wires?

How fast do you need it to work? Does it need to be able to open the contacts too?

Reply to
MooseFET