OOOKAY- This Explains Everything- A Woman at the Helm of the Sewol

Sure, good idea. There are lots of ways people can fall through the cracks. In my youth I had a tendency to get into funks, where it was very hard to get anything done, so I'm sympathetic.

Few. But so what? What I'm trying to debunk is the assumption that in a healthy state the proportion would be 50%, because that isn't true. The idea that any deviation from statistical equivalence must *a priori* be due to hazing, sexual harrassment, belittling, etc. is just cracked.

Right, but those are the job requirements. How many not-smart, not-tough, not-motivated _men_ make good engineers? Not-many.

Sure, I wasn't trying to be superior or anything, just to make the point that it's the sort of job that women tend to like, and to be better at. Isn't that so?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Sounds like you're beyond halfway there already, go back to your dressmaking.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Den torsdag den 24. april 2014 18.55.12 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

yes, but unless you go for micro vias via-in-pad or similar the via size limit you

xilinx shows how to fanout a 1mm 256 ball fpga in six layers 5/5 design rules

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

One very successful woman engineer I know was griping about the hassles she got in her career- it wasn't the straightforward stuff, she could set them straight on that, it was the painfully socially awkward cow-orkers that were excessively nice to her in order to hit on her that bugged her.

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I have one, but not sure if it confit here.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Ha. I could cassoulet less.

(ducks)

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yup. I'm a fan.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

making=

reading=

females =

purely p=

mak=

opamp circuits.

experience.

Wazza matter Jan, did yer Gramma put your knickers in a twist?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

We've used that 256-ball chip on 6-layer boards. You can get two rows in per routing layer, about right for that chip.

Maybe she was hungry; she gets crabby when she's hungry.

Precision electronic instrumentation

I would add to that the slim book "The Abolition of Man" also by Lewis.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

In the UK, the feminine form is usually spelt "Adrienne", but it is quite an unusual name.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

I am satisfied with what I am, both mentally and physically, so I don't need to bluster around ridiculing people because of their gender in order to bolster my own insecurities.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Adrian Ruyle is a guy. This is my old MG Midget.

Precision electronic instrumentation

I know Phil, and you don't. You are very, very wrong.

Very, very, very wrong.

As your comment applies to Sloman, you're right on.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Adrienne is unusual here, too. I've met two or three female Adrians in person, but zero male ones. I did go to school with a guy named Vyvyan. He was sensitive and artistic, and would have made a very bad engineer. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Is that you,"jeorg"??? Posting under your fake alias again. Why don't you see a doctor about your mental problems and get a psychoactive prescription med to fix it instead of disrupting a public forum, cheapskate?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Go drop dead with all that very crap...you don't impress anyone Ms Sternface...

You say that about anyone who questions your "genius" - not much of the level headed guy are you?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Did I claim to be a genius? When?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Sternface...

level headed guy are you?

Except for the specific word genius, rather regularly. Quite as tiresome as Slowman at it.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Cite? I talk about electronics a lot, but I don't recall claiming to be especially intelligent.

I did mentioning getting good SAT scores once, but that's more a knack, plus lots of practice. I took the SAT three times, which helps.

There are lots of smarter people posting here.

Precision electronic instrumentation