ON to acquire Fairchild

No, the "Fairchild" in question is the one started by engineers who abandoned the racist transistor inventor Shockley's company, long after WWII.

They called themselves the "Fair Children".

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 13:24:35 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso" Gave us:

snip

The future fair!

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

No, what? I never said these were the same companies. As I said, Fairchild created many successful companies, all with his name and something descriptive of their initial business area. You are talking about Fairchild Semiconductor. Then there is Fairchild Aircraft, Fairchild Controls and a number of other Fairchild companies under the umbrella of Fairchild Corporation which is no longer in business. During their efforts to survive they sold off many assets such as Fairchild Fasteners which no longer carry the Fairchild name but are still viable business units.

--

Rick
Reply to

Oh, sorry.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

It's too bad they never merged with Honeywell and became Farewell Honeychild.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 15:03:36 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso" Gave us:

That's no fare to anyone!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Somebody once suggested sci.electronics.design merge with sci.electronics.repair and become

sci.electronics.resign or sci.electronics.despair

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 16:18:39 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso" Gave us:

More sugar!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You mean shipped product value (revenue) per head, to break even in NA ~100K. I think that nowadays, with borrowed money and leveraging it's more like 140K.

RL

Reply to
legg

Love it!