Amazing What They Cram In There

Teardown of the Apple Pencil (they didn't call it the iPencil!?):

No reassembly part, though.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Assembly is the reverse order of disassembly.

Reply to
Tom Miller

That is the CRAPPIEST "lip synch" i have ever seen. It is so bad,the term does not fit.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I see that you linked to CNET.COM..

As I and many others most likely experienced before, how is your PC currently doing? Is is battling unwanted toolbars and injected software?

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

How do they detect how hard you press the pen against the surface? Is there a force sensor in the tip?

--
RoRo
Reply to

Yep.

No, but I had similar issues before installing NoScript and AdBlock Plus (in Firefox). Between them they stop pretty much all of that crap. Malwareb ytes and Windows Defender catch anything that tries to stealth-install. I h ighly recommend them.

And yes, I use Windows 10 with most of the bells and whistles turned off mainly because being old (63) I don't trust cloud storage and I sure as hel l don't need no stinkin' voice assistant. I use what works for what I need to get done.

I test-drove a Mac once, but found their way of doing things awkward. I'm totally uninterested in Linux, having played with Unix in the workplace fo r a while. Using the "driving a car" metaphor, I don't want to spend all of my time redesigning the transmission just so I can shift gears, adjusting the cam timing instead of pressing the accelerator, and so forth.

Android, well, I don't get it. I've only had my hands on one Android devi ce for any length of time, a cheapo Chinese mini-tablet I got for US$5 at a yard sale, and while it's kinda cute I can't figure out how to fully root it so I can configure it the way I want it (it appears to come *partly* roo ted). Frinst, the damned thing keeps trying to connect to a phone network E VEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T HAVE PHONE ANTENNAS. (yes, I opened it up soon as I g ot it home)

My wife wants to know what all of the flap about Chrome is but I'm not pi ssing money away on another laptop just to find out that the OS is worse th an the browser. Also, cloud storage.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Several, apparently. It even detects the angle you hold it against the screen to allow shading.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

'm totally uninterested in Linux, having played with Unix in the workplace for a while. Using the "driving a car" metaphor, I don't want to spend all of my time redesigning the transmission just so I can shift gears, adjustin g the cam timing instead of pressing the accelerator, and so forth.

You're way out of date. Linux takes less mucking about than windows

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 11:57:25 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

He's an absolute idiot. That is with using the "eyes wide open" metaphor.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yes, Linux is a long way from Unix.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Sure. You can easily reassemble a fried egg.

Reply to
John S

On uncooking an egg for reassembly:

Grizzly H.