TD2003 Spice Model Posted to my Site

A preliminary cut to a TD2003 Spice Model has been posted to my website...

...Jim Thompson

TDA TDA TDA :-(

...Jim Thompson

The thread "$16 minimum wage for burger servers?" is more entertaining, but thanks anyway.

Reply to
John S

I have re-posted the TDA2003 subcircuit, eliminating one of the LIMIT (*) functions that I suspect is causing LTspice to lock-up on John Woodgate's current-drive amplifier...

replacing that function with my smoother TANH approach.

Let me know how that plays.

If there's still an issue within LTspice, I'll rework the SLEW LIMIT as well.

(*) The use of LIMIT dates back to when I didn't know any better :-[ ... all my recent models use TANH for any bounding needs. (LIMIT works in PSpice, but I've grown to distrust it.) ...Jim Thompson

Yep. One of the reasons why I never bothered to implement the if-else construct that the uninitiated put into PSpice, and was copied over to LTSpice, in SS.

Discontinuous functions and discontinuous derivative functions are an accident waiting to happen.

Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Yep. The surprise was that LIMIT works in PSpice effortlessly without any OP convergence issues, but throws LTspice into fits where it gives up.

However, I _do_ use IF/THEN/ELSE to set parameters that don't change during a simulation run. ...Jim Thompson