Does Fairchild make this MOSFET?

While browsing the Chinese site

I saw MOSFET FQPF20N60 offered by a number of sellers. It has the Fairchild logo on it but I can't find any information about it at the Fairchild site or at any of the datasheet sites I use. Neither Digikey nor Mouser nor Farnell/element14 has it either.

Low-quality semiconductors with popular type numbers printed on them or counterfeits of big names are nothing new. But this may be the first time I've seen a type number that immediately points to a well-known manufacturer while a genuine product of that number does not exist at all. (No, I'm not thinking of buying these transistors).

Reply to
Pimpom

Possibly is legit, but discontinued...

...Jim Thompson

It is on their site but I don't know if it is EOL or what...

You can evidently buy some from here...

boB

Reply to
boB

That's 12N60, not 20N60 ...Jim Thompson

Ooops ! My search slipped a couple of digites in the process.

It was made by Fairchild anyway. Doesn't look active anymore. There are better parts around now if the 20N60 is the TO220 part that I saw.

boB

Reply to
boB

The numbers and the logo on the transistor made me assume that it's made by Fairchild. Even when I couldn't find information about it on the Fairchild site, I thought it might be because they'd discontinued it. After all, some manufacturers have this strange practice of hiding discontinued products in hard-to-find archives. But when I failed to find it at any of the third-party datasheet sites - some of whom seem to have datasheets of practically any device ever made - I began to wonder if this was not just a counterfeit but a complete fake.

Reply to
Pimpom

Maybe they fat fingered their marking of fake parts? there is a fairchild FQPF20N06 (N06 not N60), which is real.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I kmow about the N06 but it's a 60V device instead of 600V an N60 is implied to be. Maybe you're right about the fat finger.

Reply to
Pimpom