Molex Footprint

I'm looking for the footprint of the connector Molex 71436-1164. I use Allegro Giox

gioparodi_forng1-templibero AT yahoo.it

Reply to
giovanniparodi79

I would advise you to do what the rest of us do: Get the print and make your own footprint. If you can import/export 3D models, then go to Molex, look up the part and select '3D models' from the left of the page.

PDF footprint data here:

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Only a, maybe, stupid question.... why the producer doesn't make available their footprint?... I think that they have them, in order to produce the components and test them. Thanks

Reply to
Giox

Thanks everybody for the links and advices Gio

Reply to
Giox

Because there a gazillion PCB CADs available, each with a different component format from all the others.

As the man said, get the data sheet and make your own.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Because

A. There are so many incompatible CAD programs that they would ahve tooffer lots.

B. Not everyone even likes the 'stock' footprint and may adapt it to allow greater clearances, different drill sizes and special pads etc.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

download the datasheet from the manufacturer, read the dimensions, build a footprint. Thats what the rest of us do.

Reply to
The Real Andy