testing voltage on a molex connector

I have one of these connectors.

I have an ACDC adaptor plugged into the wall and the cable off it is a molex connector.

I want to test the voltage on the molex connector.

a)does it have to be plugged into a device(so I backprobe)? Or can I just stick probes in the front when it's not connected to a device.

now the following one is the most important question.

b)I can stick the red wire from the multi-meter on the red connector of the molex, the red connector on the molex should be 5V

The black connector on the multi-meter, I suppose i'd put on a metal case.

NOW..

If I put the black probe onto the black of the molex connector, then am I damaging anything? might I break something?

if so, then what ? the multimeter? any damage to the molex connector?

Reply to
gavinh

If the adapter is regulated, then you should be able to probe at the
connector, with no load attached.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

ok

I just want to know what I can do.. so, what would work.

so i know what wouldn't work. or what could mess things up!

great,

ta

Reply to
gavinh