Microvoltage array

I also have a hollow feeling that any kind of rotary wind machine does not do jackshit in the hub area. And that the ratio of inefficienthub to useful blades skyrockets as the overall size goes down.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

But an eight watt generator is tiny!

John

So, how big is your gadget, how much power can it generate at a stated wind speed, and how much will it cost? Have you built a prototype?

Sure, a small windmill will generate a little bit of power, but that doesn't mean it makes economic sense. The guys here are intuitively skeptical of this, knowing the scaling and being familiar with the economics of engineering.

Your original post "an array of thousands of generators that produce very small voltages < 1 VDC" sounds like horrific economics to me.

John

But what sort of wind generator puts out 0.1 V? A piezo butterfly fan in reverse?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Not when you put a 44 inch or larger blade on it, it isn't.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

A vertical-axis windmill -- an egg-beater? Maybe a Davis Turbine? The Darrieus rotor was patented 80 years ago...

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Notice how the Staples design look nothing like the original.

Makes you go Hmmmm.

Reply to
Donald

Wasn't that part of the Panama Canal?

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

--- You don't seem to understand.

Once you make the documentation public it's all over. Caution has nothing to do with it; it'll be gone and there's nothing you can do to get it back short of applying for a patent within a year of the release date, and that's only in some countries. In others, like France, if you disclose, anywhere in the world, before the patent issues the novelty is considered to be destroyed and they will not issue a patent.

Plus, that foolishness about wanting to have your name tied to the "invention(s)" so that everyone will know who you are and where it came from and that you placed it in the public domain for the betterment of mankind is just that, since no one will know or care who you are, they'll just use it if it suits them.

IMO, that's the reality of the situation. YMMV. Good luck. :-)

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

You're probably thinking of the Darrin gap, that awkward space between Dicks York and Sargent.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

--
I don\'t have to demonstrate a goddam thing to you, you pretentious
ass.

--
The vet won\'t see him any more...
Reply to

Maybe a ribbon of conductor waving in the wind in a mag field?

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Fully amortized cost per reliable kilowatt hour recovered?

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Piezos attached to wind chimes? Generators driven by rooster weathervanes?

John

He he, so get rid of the magnets and let it wave into the earth field:-) Might have *low* efficiency when the earth field reverses though.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

How about the leftist bicycle-riding weenies, you know, the guys in spandex? Wonder how much power they could generate ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Here, here. What a funny discussion, cost/benefit analysis alone shows that this ain't gonna work. I'm of to commission a 33kV wind farm.

Reply to
Macgyver

A 33 kv wind farm is trivial. Why not do a 33 kw one instead?

I have just posted a detailed analysis on the microarray to

Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Many of the ones down the end of my road (50km away) are being upgraded to 1.5MW each, and they still have to be shut down when the Levante kicks in from Africa

martin

Reply to
martin griffith