Simple design project

I am in need of an electronics engineer who could hook up strain gauges to an LED and download the information to a PDA. I also need to attach a mercury swtich to the system (an IC is needed?) to determine number of tilts. Can someone help me?

Reply to
Luigi

Do you mean you need to make an LED come on based on some level out of the strain gauge?

As to a mercury switch, whether you need an IC depends on what you want it to do.

I am sure we could help, if you specify exactly what it is you need to do - in detail.

If you do that, we might actually tell you how to do it yourself :)

If you would still prefer a professional to do it (a *really* good idea if it's a commercial project), then I am sure there is someone here who would be willing provided you are willing to pay for that service :)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

PeteS. Thanks for your reply. As far as an IC is concerned, I need to be able to store data and retreive it either by telemetry or by plugging in a handheld device. I need the strain gauges to post data to a storage chip that is downloadable and reset every time the tilt switch goes on and off. I can't use mercury because it is an environmental application.

Thanks, Luigi

Reply to
Luigi

Reply to
Luigi

uges

ach

er

nt

ea

ho

As you have a requirements specification (at least in brief) perhaps you could share. There are many here (myself included, of course [at least, imo] :) who could design such a system. Then you can choose.

Expect any of us to charge around =A380/$150 / hour for such a project though. (although Genome seems to be cheap lately ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Hey, quality time down Kings Cross toilets should not last an hour, and neither would the business man . We are dealing with busy people here and they need a fixed rate with no hassle. They also need to catch their train and I need to move on to the next customer.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

You're right about that. What do you think of the project? How many estimated hours would something like this take? I mean a real ballpark, that's all.

To expla>

Reply to
Luigi

Analog Devices do nice 2-axis accelerometers that might serve as tilt gauges

Strain gauges are usually discussed in terms of (slightly) load-dependent resistance.

Resistance is just the inverse of conductance, so you can - in principle - use either term, but in practice strain gauges have resistance, not conductance.

E-mail me a copy of you specification (to bill dot sloman at ieee dot org). I ight be able to contribute.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to