Mains voltage zero crossing detector with optical isolated output

In many places it's up to the FD officer in charge. Though these days I'd expect there to be some pressure to "enhance revenue".

Reply to
krw

Yes, that's what you are doing.

Yes or no?

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Neither.
Reply to
John Fields

AFAICT, ordinary police (as opposed to FBI or RCMP) tend to be treated more like social outcasts than firemen are.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Whoa, we are talking Olympic-class squirming now. I'm impressed.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

And the firemen are better cooks. We see them at the best local produce and meat markets, in full gear, the fire truck parked outside ready to go, and these burly guys are in there discussing eggplant recipes and stuff.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Well, it is San Francisco, after all. Even the firemen aren't immune to the atmosphere.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Right. Real firemen discuss chili recipes. ;-)

Reply to
krw

google sffd abalone scandal

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Pretty thin gruel.

Reply to
krw

[snip]

Naaaah! It's a fireman thing. Same deal here, firemen strolling thru AJ's wearing everything but their coats, radios squawking from time-to-time. Our local unit here at Chandler Blvd and Desert Foothills is noted for having the highest food budget of the whole city ;-) ...Jim Thompson

The krw asshole actually said something amusing.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

--
Then I'm playing the game exactly as you would, which is my intent,
for the moment.

But, enough of that folderol.

In the spirit of having fun with electronics, which you propose not to
eschew, here's my improved ZCD:

Probe/plot the junction of R12 and R13 and the output of U12 and then
zoom in on the bottom of the symmetrical pulse out of U12 beautifully
straddling the mains' zero crossing.

Enjoy. :-)
Reply to
John Fields

design

--
Remember, I'm playing the game as if I were you...
Reply to

--
Wonderfully sly!
Reply to

Yeah, even the firemen are foodies.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

And, certainly, some of them are partial to eating cock.
Reply to
John Fields

Sockpuppets amuse you, Nymbecile.

Reply to
krw

As I said, it's the atmosphere. I used to live not far from there, as you know.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah and make endless off-color nozzle jokes.