LT1010 rail splitter not splitting

I looked at the numbers and even the TLE2426 would have been shoehorned into the existing board. The present circuit is a zener and resistor (both 0603 I believe) without a cap because there is no room. The TLE2426 could actually be a 3 pin part so maybe a plain jane SOT-23 would be better or preferably a SC-70. Jeeze, sometimes I have nightmares about having to rework that board. It was like a jigsaw puzzle with *extra* pieces and I had to make them all fit!

Adding an SO16 would mean I'd have to replace the FPGA!

I did a bit of a search and I don't see where anyone else makes such a part. Interesting. I guess it was a niche that just one maker could fill well enough.

--

Rick
Reply to

I think that's right. It's really a convenience part more than anything. (And of course the TCA0372 runs warm to the touch just from its quiescent current.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

What? WHAT? Speak up, young man!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nobody said the part was an unqualified ridiculous, the original statement was that as a standalone part it's ridiculous.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I wasn't aware that it may be a mooo'ving target.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

When the nurse finished giving me a hearing test a couple of weeks ago, she made a comment that I did not understand. I said What? and she looked at me in disgust. I suddenly realized what she was thinking.

Reply to
John S

I understood, but didn't entirely agree. One wouldn't design a product that way, for sure, but from the OP's choice of parts, I expect this is a one-off and they're what he has in his drawer. For that sort of thing I wouldn't hesitate to use it myself--the LT1010 would work fine for many applications.

I still use a bunch of LF356es in one-offs, because they work fine and I have a couple of hundred of them.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Well, he and I do a lot of physicsy stuff, so it's important to choose the right sleazy approximations.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Your new diet is threatening the calibration of the LPMU.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

My local gravity decreased by about 12% to date. Gravitas is still mostly absent, and my Bubba impression has gone all to hell. ;)

I call it the P. G. Wodehouse diet--laying off the starchy foods.

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Fabulous stuff. Nobody could write like Wodehouse.

Another good diet book is "Something New"

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Was the name Ratched by any chance?

--