Computer chips sending out radio (electromagnetic?) waves.

Hello,

For security reasons I recommend computer chips are observed, tested, and "wave sampled" or so, and further analyzed to see if they are not leaking "too much" radio (electro?) (magnetic?) waves. (I am aware that they will do this anyway, but perhaps there are transmitters in their on purpose for spying purposes).

I have slight reason to believe that perhaps harddisks are secretly sending out radio electro magnetic waves from their chips and could therefore be observable.

For now take it with a grain of salt...

But you've been warned ! ;) =D

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Google tempest

Reply to
mike

Or a nice shiny sheet of aluminum foil.

Thanksokbye.

Reply to
JW

Nothing new. Wireless connected hard disk drives have been around for a while:

1 grain is 64.8mg. That's about 10 teaspoons of salt. Any particular reason why you want to pour that much salt into a hard drive? What is all that salt suppose to do?
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

Er, mg stands for milligrams :-)

Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Reply to
Nick Maclaren

I think you slipped a decimal point or two. 1 tsp of salt is a little over 5 grams.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

I keep thinking he can't get any nuttier, and then he proves me wrong.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

That's pretty light salt they have where you live. Do you drill out each grain individually? ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

As others have pointed out, it's more like 1/100 of a teaspoon. As for its purpose, presumably he is using it to add a little entropy to a one-way function. :-)

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Richard Heathfield

If my cardiologist had his way, that's exactly what I would be doing. I'm on a low sodium diet, which means I take my hard disks without any added salt.

Sigh. Yet another of my arithmetic errors and sanity check failures. An overdose of 1000 times too much salt would be fatal to the hard disk if taken internally. I just hate it when that happens. Must be all the RF and electrosmog around me.

Back to the salt mines...

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

(a) The idiom refers a single crystals of salt, which are tiny, less then

1 mm^3

(b) Even accepting your usage, you're out by a factor of 1000.

pt

Reply to
Cryptoengineer

Are you sure about that ? I heard they recommend 2,000 mg or less per day o f salt. Seems like a hell of alot. Even this unrefined sea salt I got I dou bt I use that much anyway.

Actually, some believe the anti-clumping agent in table salt is the real pr oblem, not so much the salt itsaelf.

But that grain of salt thing could means two different thiings. Salt used t o be used as money, so it might mean they give you a sack of it, not that y ou eat it right then and there. Another thing is that salt was not always g round finely, and was more like rock salt. I grain might just mean a grain like, not the unit of measure, one little piece of it.

I ownder if there is a compdium of these trite old sayings and their meaani ngs. Not sure I want to know what "three sheets to the wind" means after fi nding out what "saved by the bell" means.

Reply to
jurb6006

Actually, the electronic design is far more advanced; they are spying on your _every_ thought, piggie-backing them onto WWVH for transmission to the New Scotland Yard.

Reply to
Robert Baer

There are probably cheaper ways of implementing a random-number generator - this is Skybuck, after all.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:41:59 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

No randomness to knowing when you are going to make another stupid post.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

An unfed troll gathers no podium ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

do

ng

There is a secret group to discuss this. alt.cows.moo.moo.moo Just change a ll instances of computers to cows and waves to tastes to confuse THEM. If y ou have questions, you can receive more guidance from the church of moo htt p://

or TIMECUBE

Otherwise, please maintain radio silence until you receive further instruct ions.

Reply to
Wanderer

Hmmm sounds like you dont believe me...

I am typing with one hand right now.

Because my other hand is dirty right now, and it's not what you thinking...

It's because I was eating "borrelnoots". "Cocktail snacks".

Anyway... I have video to prove mysterious activity.

You want me to upload it to youtube ?

I may do so anyway...

Bye, Skybuck.

There is a secret group to discuss this. alt.cows.moo.moo.moo Just change all instances of computers to cows and waves to tastes to confuse THEM. If you have questions, you can receive more guidance from the church of moo

or TIMECUBE

Otherwise, please maintain radio silence until you receive further instructions.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

True, but (at times) he IS entertaining.

Reply to
Robert Baer

The only thing that a video can absolutely prove, is that a camera was running....

Reply to
Robert Baer