Looking for somewhat flexible metallized film

Hi Joerg, nanometers sounds hard! (But I really don't know.) Is this thing going to live in vacuum? For optics I always figured the scratch and digs are in the few micron range. (You've got to be able to see them after all.)

I think a monolayer of water on your surface will be in the nanometer range.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I know it's hard. That's why I am asking here :-)

Liquids won't work in our case.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What about those black anti-static bags. They stretch and the conductive coating is built in?

Reply to
David Eather

uess that rules out Mylar and Kapton. Also, the metallization should be non

-oxidizing which usually means gold or similar. The surface roughness must be as low as possible, low single-digit nanometers.

al can;t handle the deformation it'll come off the film.

andle 5% though.

ss which needs to be very few nanometers. We've got a process in-house that can do this but it can't make such large films and it is very labor intens e to do that just for a test station.

thing going to live in vacuum? For optics I always figured the scratch and digs are in the few micron range. (You've got to be able to see them afte r all.)

ange.

A surface monolayer of water isn't a liquid in the usual sense. BET theory (and experimental evidence) says that the individual atoms of the monolayer are bonded to the adsorbing surface more strongly than they are to other w ater molecules. How good it's electrical conduction is is another question, but it's a real swine to get rid of it. Surface chemists go in for ion bom bardment if they want an atomically clean surface.

As I seem to have mentioned before, the "T" in BET is Edward Teller who wen t on to work on the hydrogen bomb.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The ones I have encountered have little conductivity and a harsh surface.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

But we can't have a mushroom cloud over our lab :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The wife would disapprove? But who would Tell'er?

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

No, this ain't my lab, it's another one back east.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

"Behold, I am become Joerg, *PHUT*-er of worlds!"

The survivors gave a glowing report.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds