These little ebay 2$ USB sticks give real audio input on the Raspberry Pi

These little ebay 2$ USB sticks give real audio input on the raspberry Pi:

Little test script:

#/usr/local/sbin/record_audio

if [ "$1" == "" ]
then
    echo "Usage: record_audio filename.wav"
    echo "This will set environment variable AUDIODEV=plughw:1,0 for the USB stick."

    exit 1
fi

export AUDIODEV=plughw:1,0

rec $1

exit 0

######
To play it back via same USB stick (watch your ears, volume if way to high for earphones):
play whatever.wav

You probably want to set the environment AUDIODEV back to normal...

I used line level audio in from mp3 player to test.
This also means we have 16 bit stereo for data acquisition.
USB sticks took > 1 month to arrive from ebay..

And 'soundmodem' (AX25) now has real input on the Raspberry.
Too bad I already worked around it 3 weeks ago :-)

Site Timeline