Flexible Circuit Prototype

Is there some way to easily make a one off flexible circuit board? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a company which will do this? What price should I expect to pay.

Thanks,

Charles P. Lamb

Reply to
Charles P Lamb

Farnell sell photosensitised flexible PCB stuff for prototyping. Single sided 50u polyester base with 35u copper

order code is 414-7996 size is 500 by 100mm, costs ~ (UKP) 28

I haven't tried it, so the usual disclaimers apply

Dave

Charles P Lamb wrote:

Reply to
Dave

I've used this stuff in the past to make a breakout adapter to connect to a TSOP footprint - it works pretty well, but can be a problem stopping it floating in a bubble-etch tank - helps a lot if you stick it to some normal FR4 for exposure and processing.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

I see Farnell also sells some non-sensitized material as well. Does anyone know if an etch mask can be transferred to it using the laser printed acetate sheet method?

Thanks,

Charles P. Lamb

Reply to
Charles P Lamb

If that stuff can stand the heat of soldering a clothes iron's unlikely to damage it.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

If it's really polyester, as opposed to polyimide, the MP is rather low.. but if you set the iron to 'polyester' it should be okay. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany