film cans

In the day of wet-film photography, there were metal and plastic film cans everywhere. The processing shops would give them away.

I got a hundred 70-mm film cans from Surplus Shed awhile back. They make beautiful small shield boxes for making measurements--nicer than Danish Butter Cookies tins if your gizmo will fit.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

They're just about the right size for winding an air-core inductor, for a HF/shortwave band regenerative receiver.

I remember when I was a kid we used to have a camera that used a disc:

bitrex