Lithium batteries, not worth it

Alarmist bull s***

So? There is a limit to how much they can process. Balance. You need balance. Do you have actual numbers of how much is produced and how much is absorbed?

You body needs water. Too much though, will kill you.

It occurred to me some time back you try to apply a simple theory but have no supporting evidence. The balance of CO2 has changed.

The current global average concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is 421 ppm as of May 2022. This is an increase of 50% since the start of the Industrial Revolution, up from 280 ppm during the 10,000 years prior to the mid-18th century. The increase is due to human activity.

Reply to
Ed P

CO2 was about 1600 PPM 50 million years ago, and around 5000 PPM 500 million years ago. The great explosions of plant and animal life happened at high CO2 levels; no coincidence.

During the cambrian explosion it was around 4000.

Last few million years, so much CO2 was sequestered that plants were about to starve to death. Good thing we're fixing that. 1000 PPM would be nice.

Methanol and hydrazine with a dash of nitro would work...

Reply to
rbowman

And yet none of the Alarmists predictions have happened. The lie and fudge numbers. They cancel out colleagues that to have another opinion, ruining their livelihood and lives. They refuse to debate. They use religious terms like "deniers" in place of science. It is complete and utter bull s***.

1) what is the percent of CO2 in the atmosphere?

2) what percent of that is human caused?

CO2 is recycled into sugars by plants. It is part of the cycle of life. More CO2, more plants, more sugars, more food for every other living thing on the planet (except extremophiles on volcanic vents).

Oh, bet American Pravda did not tell you that food production is at a record high! They would not as the narrative is the opposite.

Lysenko lives !!!!

It puts out enough to light a multi-color LED. I think it runs on methanol, maybe denatured ethanol; whatever I bought the last time around for my Mini Trangia stove.

Reply to
rbowman

And ice core samples definitive show that the planets heated up BEFORE CO2 levels rose.

CO2 is part of the cycle of life. And it is a tiny fraction of the atmosphere. Human addition of CO2 are a tiny, tiny fraction of that.

On the other hand, the HOLY MOTHER of green house gasses is water vapor. By the Left has not figure a way to take our freedon and treasure over water vapor. Good old hydrogen hydroxide!

On second thought, I should not give them any ideas.

23% in this county for recreational marijuana. 20% state excise tax and a 3% local tax. A medical card cuts that down to 4%. The local initiative approved the 3% on recreational, rejected 3% on medical.

There were other factors but the state is trying to decide what to do with a 2.6 billion dollar budget surplus.

rbowman

I worked for a company with a glass blowing operation for strobe light tubes. Soda glass can be worked with an oxy-acetylene flame but quartz glass requires oxy-hydrogen. When we went down to get a permit you could see the clerk adding 'bomb' every time we said hydrogen. It was safer than acetylene.

It has improved but at the time the supplier would spot a tube trailer and swap it out when we needed more.

The takeway:

GROSS WEIGHT 60500 lbs PRODUCT WEIGHT 686 lbs

In other words, with the tractor you have a grossed out (80000 lbs) semi delivering 686 pounds of product. At that weight the semi would be lucky to get 7 mpg of diesel depending on wind and terrain.

Reply to
rbowman

I guess a AAA rescue truck will have to carry gaseous hydrogen and liquid hydrogen and what all.

Hi Frank,

Since coal can be made into gasoline, can natural gas be made into gasoline as well?

-T

Just an idea. Maybe they could fix some roads?

Where did I head they are carrying gasoline powered electric generator to jump BEV's?

Sixpack of beer in the cooler on the floor of the pickup. Joe's abs haven't been seen in 20 years.

What was that degree in again? Propane boils at around -43 F and a residential propane tank may reach 200 psi on a hot day, enough to keep most of it liquid.

Hydrogen liquefies at -252.87 C so you're dealing with a cryogenic liquid that's going to boil off unless you keep it (extremely) cold. BMW's Hydrogen 7 used an ICE along with liquid hydrogen. The hydrogen was a use it or lose it deal. As long as the engine was keeping up with the pressure buildup life was fine. Park it, and it would vent the over pressure. Park it for a week or two and the cupboard would be bare.

They're trying again with a fuel cell. We'll see how that goes.

Other than chemical bonding the other approach is compressing it to somewhere around 7000 to 10000 psi. Even with carbon fiber tanks getting a reasonable amount stored in a vehicle will be difficult.

Reply to
rbowman

It seems to stay there for some 800 years,

But nowhere near enough. The Mauna Loa CO2 levels

show a 7ppm fluctuation over the year superimposed on a steadily rising trend of a couple of ppm per year - since 1958 th3 average is 1.6 ppm per year, but it has been faster in recent years.

Except that it doesn't ever seem to have happened. And our food supply also depends on plants getting water and other nutrients - put more CO2 in the atmosphere and plants cut the number of stomata in their leaves so they can get the same amount of CO2 while losing less water.

But only part of it.

This is actually a climate change denial narrative, which T has picked up from climate change denial propaganda and recycled here.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

You can make any hydrocarbon into any other hydrocarbon, but whether it makes sense to do that is a separate issue.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It doesn't mean shit to a tree.

Reply to
rbowman

Renewables are now the cheapest way of generating electricity, and don't need tax payer money any more. They aren't a "dead end" but rather an investment opportunity.

Or would be, if they existed. They may have design features that their proponents claim will prevent them from ever melting down, but don't underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Hydrogen forms explosive mixtures with air over a very wide range of concentrations. You don't want a large reservoir of hydrogen in your back yard.

And generating electricity with nuclear reactors isn't cheap. "Too cheap to meter" turned out to be lie.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Wrong attribution... I never wrote bullshit like that.

Reply to
rbowman

500 million years ago the sun was appreciably smaller, and we got less solar radiation. We needed a thick blanket of CO2 to keep the planet warm.

So what.

the more recent peak about 55 million year ago

The biological effects weren't benefical - there were mass extinctions in the oceans, and massive dwarfing on land.

Total nonsense. Plants do fine during ice ages when the CO2 level drops to 180ppm

You wouldn't like it if you got it, but you'd probably starve to death long before CO2 levels got there. The agriculture that feeds you is optimised for the interglacial climate that prevailed when we were developing agriculture. We might be able to develop a new one with new crops growing in new areas, but there would be a population crash before we'd finally got it right, and pollyannas like you wouldn't adapt as fast as they'd need to.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman