LED Lighting

I'm trying to find an LED equivalent to an 11W incandescent (120V)... flood preferred.

Standard incandescent screw-base

Max length ~ 4"

Max diameter ~ 1.8"

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

Is white or yellow OK?

So, 3x1W LED should be enough.

It's around 2" x 2".

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Reply to
linnix

White preferred... for the outdoor BBQ counter lighting ;-)

[snip]

WHERE is it ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

I'll send it to you. I got a white and a yellow sample. If they are enough demand, the factory can ramp-up productions.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Reply to
linnix

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

Not a bulb, but these are interesting. A 4.5W version of the standard

150W Halogen work light with 45 whiite LEDs:
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

ard

I am sending him the 3x1W 120V AC bulb and 12x0.25W 12V DC strip. He can light up the grill with the bulb and the path to it with the strip. Perhaps, I'll drop in for BBQ later.

See:

linnix

Nice! And really inexpensive! Looks perfect for my present tasks: (1) Installing adjustable shelves in existing recessed wall cabinets and (2) installing an adjustable keyboard drawer under my wife's built-in desk. ...Jim Thompson

dard

So, $15 for 4.5W is not too expensive. We can probably sell the 3W for less than $10.

I have a blue light strip under the desk and above the keyboard drawer. This way, I can surf the web while my wife is sleeping. I like the blue better than yellow or white. The light strips are adjustable from 6V to 12V.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Reply to
linnix

270 lumens isn't all that bright. LED lamps tend to be on the Dim side.

Martin Riddle

The best part is that they don't get hot, like halogen worklight. It's a real pain to bump into one while working in cramped quarters and getting a burn. I bought one a few months ago. The only thing I don't like is that there is no power switch.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

That's why I liked it. My work space is so cramped that I can barely get my shoulders through the door opening. ...Jim Thompson

With a little work to modify the mount, it would make nice 'under the eves' lights near a door or for the garage door/driveway.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

don't

the

Why not use the strip? I use long light strip in the bathroom and keyboard desk/drawer. For the keyboard drawer, even 3W is too bright. Using a 3-6-9-12V wall adapter, I usually keep it on 6 or

9V.

See:

linnix

A work light with 45 crystal blue LED bulbs.

Please comment on color. Blue doesn't sound like what you'd want for a worklight???

Reply to
mike

I was talking about using them outdoors, as well as a portable worklight.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Who said they were blue? I said they are white.

Anyway, a lot of 'white' LEDs are blue with a phosphor to generate white light.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

The Harbor Freight site says "Blue". ...Jim Thompson

.

tandard

I don't think it's 150W. Probably 30W to 40W.

The link you gave does say blue. Blue is good for background lighting, but not for worklight.

Reply to
linnix

The one I bought has white LEDs. I have reported a number of errors on their website. I'll check with the local store to see what the current stock is.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to