LED Lighting

I've had to replace the bulbs. The small ones are 150 W. I don't remember where I bought my 150 W worklight.

150 W replacement lamp:

300 W replacement lamp:

The standard halogen worklamp has a 500W bulb

500 W replacement lamp:

The dual head worklight has two 500 W lamps.

They take the same cartridge Halogen lamps (that use a spring loaded socket that contacts the ends of the lamp) as outdoor security lights with motion sensors.

I first saw these 150, 300, 500, & 1000W halogen lamps in a TV studio in 1972. Of course they were were the expensive 'color corrected' version & over $45 each. I lost a Cutler Hammer circuit breaker about half the time, when one of the 1000 W bulbs died.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

V)...

he standard

OK, they replace the shape and size of 150W Halogen. But they don't have the equivalent light output. It probably has 45 0.1W LEDs for a total of 4.5W. If they claim 150W, then the 3W LEDs bulb would be

100W Halogen equivalent. We would only claim 10x or 30W equivalent, not 30x.

ed

dio

Reply to
linnix

Yes, you can see the 45 LEDs in the product photo.

They don't make that claim.

I didn't say they were equivilaent to the 150 W lamp, only that they were in the same case which is used by a lot of people in the costruction & repair trades.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Just after Christmas, SCE had a 'trade in' on Christmas lights, where you gave a string of normal incandescents and got a string of 100 white LEDs in exchange. We brought in two strings, so got two strings of new ones. I spent an hour last weekend stapling them to the bottom of my deck's handrail, and put them on a dusk timer. Looks really nice all lit up!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

I don't bother with Christmas decorations anymore. They cause too much pain for something I won't see from inside the house. :(

The only thing I do is exchange the white lamps on my gate posts with green for two or three weeks, since I can do that with no tools or ladder. :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

I just threw out 1200 LED Christmas lights that I bought last year for $150, give or take. They were seriously ugly. I replaced them with

1800 incandescent bulbs I bought (I actually bought 2500 but didn't use many green or red ones) for $1/string (100) the day after Christmas last year.
Reply to
krw

Well, I had plenty to trade in... ;-)

Actually, I haven't put all my christmas lights in years. I have enough of the C9 multi-color incandescents to go all the way around my house, but I usually only put them up along the front. I have strings of the mini bulbs to go around every window in the house, but this year I only did three of the windows. We only put up three of the Christmas trees, the white tree with red lights and balls in the front window, the little 12" tree in my office, and the big tree in the living room. We didn't put up the 24" white tree with purple lights and balls in the bedroom...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Four trees? Sheesh! We have two, but only because we bought one for the apartment but were only there for one year. When we moved into this house SWMBO thought it would get lost, so we bought another (1200 white incandescents). The first one didn't leave its box.

Reply to
krw

We had our 12' artificial tree up. I've posted pictures in the past. This year I posted a picture from the top of the ladder into the kitchen :-) ...Jim Thompson

I saw that. I shoulda taken a picture from the upstairs hall. We were alone this year so didn't do all that much.

Reply to
krw

I haven't put up a tree since I left my parent's home, in the mid '70s. My dad left one here when he moved out of state, and I haven't even opened the box.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

[snip]

If it was just us, I wouldn't put up anything. But our family keeps growing and growing and growing...

This year we had two sets of in-law parents, plus boyfriends of two of the teenaged granddaughters... total head count: 24 :-) ...Jim Thompson

We have been increasing our 'collection' of christmas decorations for

33 years, so it has gotten quite extensive.

First tree is obvious, it was the living room tree. BTW, all trees are artificial, due to SWMBO's allergies. Second tree was in bedroom. She wanted a white tree with red ligths and balls. It goes on her antique vanity, in front of mirror. Third tree was my office tree, and I put it up in my cube at Cadence. I also decorated entire row of cubes with lights... Final tree was after we moved into this house. Her office is right up front, so we bought a large (6') white tree for the front window for her office.

Each tree has its own decorations and scheme. Main tree has glass collectible ornaments we have gathered through the years on vacations. Front tree is white with red lights/ornaments. Bedroom tree is white with purple lights/ornaments. My office tree is green, with miniature peanuts ornaments.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

We have been looking to replace our main tree for a few years now, but haven't found what we want. I would like a nice 8-9 footer...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

I've had this one for almost 15 years. It's therefore made with steel tubing and steel swing-out branch supports... heavy! After the hip issues I can't manage it anymore, so I have to have a son and a son-in-law to come and assemble it. (I can go up and down the ladder just fine, to trim it :-) ...Jim Thompson

Just the two of us, but SWMBO, MBO. I got the stuff off the house before it got cold anyway. It's been nice (50-60F) this week, though.

Reply to
krw

We found a fairly nice 9'er at Hobby Lobby last year. I wanted the

12'er, but was vetoed.
Reply to
krw

Ours has a steel tube and the branches swing out and it's even pre-lit. ;-) I take it out of the attic on a hand truck.

Reply to
krw

Mine is pre-lit as well. ...Jim Thompson

We bought our present tree about 20 years ago, at a Sears Outlet Store in San Berdoo. It was a deluxe model, marked down about 75%, and looks like a real tree. We want to find something as good, with a similiar markdown, but have had no luck yet... ;-)

Yes, we are cheap!!!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.