Laugh of the Day

LMAO

Reply to
JeffM

Since it's a right triangle it should be a^2 = b^c + c^2.

So 4^2+3^2=25

Square root of 25 is 5.

Surprising what I remember from H.S. geometry.

I remember the 3-4-5 triangle (and was internally screaming "5" when I saw the picture), and I remember the 1-1-radical two triangle. It took me awhile to figure out what the student was writing about. Then... aHAHAHA!

I found this while looking on Google Images for a good picture of The Thinker (the statue) on the Toilet. (Do an Image Google search on this sometime.)

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

There was a whole series of these flying around about a year ago. The 'c =...' derivation attempt is just too damn funny.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

I agree.

What WAS that... statistical mechanics?

Looks like he got half-way there, at least...

mrdarrett

Yeah. HILARIOUS. Thank you. I needed that.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Back in high school, we had an essay test in an english class on some book (I forget which now). The one question the teacher wrote on the board was: Tell me everything you know about ....

When the test results came back, our class stoner (who hadn't read the assignment), had written down "I don't know anything about ..." and received a failing grade. He proceeded to argue with the teacher that he had in fact answered the question correctly and should get full credit.

Steinbach\'s Guideline for Systems Programming
        Never test for an error condition you don\'t know how to
        handle.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I tried that once on a radio call-in trivia thing. They said, "Time for trivia", I dialed the phone, and got in! The question was, "Do you know the blahblahblah of somethingorother?" So, I proudly answered, "The answer to the question, 'Do I know the blahblahblah of somethingorother' is no."

I didn't win. )-;

Cheers! Rich

[0] I don't remember the exact question - 'blahblahblah' and 'somethingorother' are placeholders here, in case you're not keeping up. ;-)
Reply to
Rich Grise

Man, it must be old age or something - I didn't get the "Find x" joke until just now! ;-)

"Here is is", indeed! LOL!!!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Did the question say "show your work"? What's the equation for "Oh, a 3, 4, 5 triangle. 5."? ;-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:00:48 -0800, mrdarrett wrote: ...

Speaking of the toilet:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You wouldn't be blond?

--
  Keith
Reply to

On a physics exam I answered one question with '0' (obvious answer). I thought it was a trick question. The prof had a habit of asking chained problems (if one blew the first it was painful) so the second was also '0', and the third, and fourth. Something like half the exam was obviously '0'. He was quite ticked that I didn't somehow "know" that he wanted the non-trivial answer, but had to give me full credit for a right answer. It worked once, anyway.

--
  Keith
Reply to

ah yes, doodie.com... I remember it well...

mrdarrett

I got the following on a multiple choice test:

a) [obviously correct] b) [obviously correct] c) [obviously correct] d) all of the above except (a) are correct e) all of the above are correct

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

I guess that could be a problem... "Show your work"... "Oh, I just copied this from the guy next to me."

mrdarrett

Now that's a nice logical twist. During my last year of college the exam prep software came out. The software would give selections like the one you've shown.

I can recall an exam question that was to determine the limit cycle on a TUBE oscillator.

I got it wrong and virtually everyone else (100+ people, multi-section exam) got it right.

I went to Jim Melcher, my instructor, later to be head of the MIT EE department, and discussed it with him. Turns out I was right and everyone else was wrong... 100+ people mad at you is NOT fun ;-)

...Jim Thompson

What? You think being the only one "right" is going to make anyone happy? It's not easy being the only "smart" one in a world full of morons! You are lucky you didn't get booted out of school for that! Back in the day, you'd have probably gotten a little taste of the rack and then a short one-way trip to the stake for that kind of thing!

Reply to
Benj