Blown out PS1 circuits?

You may all be wondering why I'd want to fix a PS1 when there exists the PS2 and PS3. Well, this PS1 is special. It has a miniature screen on it and there are still loads of PS1 games I play. It was also a gift from my uncle.

So, one day, in my infinite wisdom, I decidied to buy a Universal Adapter and try plugging it into the cigarette lighter in my dad's van. It didn't work. However, when I brought it back into the house, it didn't work then, either, and it hasn't worked since. It worked just before I plugged it into the van, because I tried it.

Anyone have any ideas of how I may be able to fix this, since I highly doubt Sony is still servicing these machines.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Suikolove

Voltage regulator could be fried...? Or just a fuse? (if there is a fuse...)

Anything show up on Google on "PS1 Fix"?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

"Universal adaptor" possible gotchas:

1) wrong polarity ==> very possible unfixable zap, even if fuse popped. 2) voltage too high to PS1 ==> might still be in business if a fuse in the PS1.
Reply to
Robert Baer

I'm certain it had something to do with the polarity. Just not sure how to fix it.

Reply to
Suikolove