It's a human! Spears confirms birth of baby

'Diananisation' - the media practice of raising vapid celebrity non-entities to sainthood.

sorry, Bit OT

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Maybe States-side she's been deified, but elsewhere I assure you we're taking the piss. Like most of those prats (include the Beckhams, for the benefit of UK folk), it just goes to show that money doesn't improve trailer-trash.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor
[snip]
[snip]

Don't you wish.

It's booming over here.

To me it looks as if the EU economy is about to take the tumble.

...Jim Thompson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What does this mean? In 'Murrica, "Taking a piss" means "urinating". There's no such thing as "taking _the_ piss", unless you're on your deathbed, and this particular dollop of urine is somehow distinguished as the only one, or something.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

narrow minded US think(as per), other people inhabit the intenet, apart from the inhabitants of that failed economy, the US

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rich Grise wrote (in ) about 'It's a human! Spears confirms birth of baby', on Fri, 16 Sep 2005:

You should learn real English, to supplement your primitive colonial version.

John Woodgate

That'd be "taking _a_ piss", not "the". See also "pulling the piss", "taking the Mickey", etc etc. Or describing in a less than favorable and usually comically crude fashion. I'm sure you get the drift. Which means catch on. :-)

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor