Is there such a thing as an opto mosfet?

Is there such a thing as an opto mosfet?

I was just thinking about gain feedback that's DC isolated - is there SATAAOM? ;-)

In my mental imagination's movie screen, I see something like the old incandescent/CDS gain controls. HP used just the filament, but that was to stabilize the gain - essentially, I want to amplitude modulate a resonant oscillator.

Long-tailed pair in push-pull with a variable current source?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yup. :-)

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/H1%2FH11F1M.pdf
Reply to
John Fields

SATAAOM?

Ahh, why DC isolated? How about the JFET gain trick in AoE.

Yep, not a bad idea. Look up amplitude-controlled marginal oscillator, see if there's anything out there on that. In the meantime I can send you some papers and drawings of its use in NMRs and other types of Q-sensing LC oscillators.

Reply to
Winfield

VCA IC.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

YEs.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie

Such a thing as an opto mosfet. :-)

Well, I don't actually know if it's supposed to be DC isolated or not - this client hasn't told me much about the project yet, but I want to hit the ground running when he does. Clearly, if it doesn't have to be isolated, then it's pretty simple. :-)

And, yes, I'm gonna have to pick up a copy of AoE for my very own. ;-)

Cool!

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise