Is there any diffrence ?

I am trying out a self made high voltage ferrite transformer for insect killer (mosquito),according to the mannal, the output of the secondary high voltage winding should be on the outer of the ferrite core, i like to know is there any difference if i put the high voltage winding on the inner of the ferrite core ? Can any person help me to explain. Thanks in advance. Regards

Reply to
mowhoong

Put the high voltage winding on the outside, well isolated from the primary. That way, there's only 1/2 the chance that it will short to the primary or the core, and the HV will be outside, where any coronas, etc. will be manageable.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hi Rich, Thanks for your fast respond. Best Regards.

Reply to
mowhoong