Any Canadian Tech's out there??

Trying to repair lots of T.V., VCR, DVD, combo's Projection T.V.'s, computer monitors, etc, but the main problem here is that a lot of you are in the USA, & we get totally different model #'s, & units aren't the same!

I do a fair bit of "low end" units like Prima, Advent, Durabrand, Emerson, etc, as well as ALL well known brands, but nobody seems to have any info, on these newer units! I'm in eastern Newfoundland, Canada, & can't get any help here, locally! I have literally tons of tips, info, service menu access tips, etc to share! I'm in the process of doing up a database of great sites for newsgroup postings, free, & pay schematics, tips, etc, & I have a lot more coming, every week! Want to share info?? Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Trying to repair lots of T.V., VCR, DVD, combo's Projection T.V.'s, computer monitors, etc, but the main problem here is that a lot of you are in the USA, & we get totally different model #'s, & units aren't the same!

I do a fair bit of "low end" units like Prima, Advent, Durabrand, Emerson, etc, as well as ALL well known brands, but nobody seems to have any info, on these newer units! I'm in eastern Newfoundland, Canada, & can't get any help here, locally! I have literally tons of tips, info, service menu access tips, etc to share! I'm in the process of doing up a database of great sites for newsgroup postings, free, & pay schematics, tips, etc, & I have a lot more coming, every week! Want to share info?? Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Hi Rono

Just so you don't feel completely alone, I'm right here in the center of Canada - Winnipeg. :)

Course I'm old, long retired, and stroke damaged so not much if any help at all :(

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get ahold of schematic for an RCA Ct169, would you?

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

I no longer work as a technician, but still like to think about technical stuff. I'm not too far from you, in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

To other who needs a CTC169 schematic, order it from thomson online. I still not have gotten my schematic for CTC169 DTV even I do have reams of PTK169 schematics, but I need one for DTV and my shop was already charged for this CTC169 DTV order but didn't get the schematics. YET we do get newer schematics now and then for Thomson. GO FIGURE!

BTW: I'm in eastern ontario.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Whatcha doing now Tom? Anyone in this business with any brain at all is looking for something new.

I applied for a golf pro position, but it seems they don't hire golf pros who can't break 120 or so and can't teach golf. Sounds like athletic discrimination to me.......

John

Reply to
John-Del

I am now a Service Delivery (mailroom) Clerk with Citizenship and Immigration Canada. August 20th, upcoming, will be my third anniversary as such, and also is the day after my 49th birthday. I fondly refer to it as my "perfect mid-life career change". :-)

Interestingly enough, I didn't realize how much clerical work we technicians did until I had to tailor my resume to fit this job...

Considering the golf pro thing...here are the records of 2 very good hitting coaches...pay special attention to the radical differences in their levels of success when actually playing the game...don't give up on your dream. :-)

My son plays in a 9-12 year old league here. He is one of the team's pitchers. I have "dad-coached" him for the last few years. He has extremely good control (typically 70-80% of his pitches are strikes). When I tried to pitch as a kid, control was my biggest problem. Go figure...it's either nurture, or nature from his mother's side of the family. :-)

That old expression about "those who can do, do, and those who can't do, teach", may be a bit mean-spirited, but there can be truth in it, and sometimes those who can't "do" can teach someone to "do" very well indeed. Just my opinion. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Yes ,we are looking for service manuals pioneer/rca

-- Ray's Appliance Service APPLIANCES & ELECTRONIC REPAIR RAY'S OR CARLOS THOMPSON MB. CANADA snipped-for-privacy@mts.net

Reply to
Raymond Gagnon