Any cellular whizzes out there ?

Hello people,

My CDMA phone went "missing" and was "found" after a couple of days. Ever since this guy in whose presence the phone went missing has known about all my conversations.

My guess is :

  1. It is a cell to cell wiretap.
  2. Each time I turn my phone on a message is displayed on his cell phone.
  3. He can make normal calls from his cell phone while being able to listen to my calls.

Could someone tell me how many ways can he do this in? So I can check what he did.

Thanks guys!

Reply to
Susan

I don't know the details of how cell phones provide security, but it is possible that a virus was planted that uses the cell phone to send a message to his phone. I would expect that this is not too hard, however, I also expect it is a lot harder to get past the cell company's billing software. So get a printout of every phone call and text message that your phone sent and check it for unexpected comms.

It may be possible to do (2), but I expect (1) and (3) are much harder if not impossible. But a PC and a receiver is all that are needed to otherwise tap a cell phone once you have the ESN and other info from the phone itself. In GSM systems all this resides on the SIM card. In essence, the SIM card *is* your cell phone and the rest of it is just the antenna, speaker and keypad. (Not really of course, but you get the idea)

The easiest way to get around this is to buy the cell phone replacement plan and then have a cell phone accident so you can get a new one. I can't think of a way that your phone could have been "tapped" that would switch over to a new phone.

Reply to
rickman