I've decided to become an electronic designer as a career choice: any advice?

Make sure that you have a fall back second career choice; e.g. shoe salesman, etc. I speak from experience (not all good.)

P.S. I m>

Reply to
Bob Agnew

"War and Peace" was about Russia. That is all you need to know about it.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Nah. 1952:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Surgeon, looking at plumber's bill: "!?!!! I don't get that much for _SURGERY_!" Plumber: "Neither did I, when I was a surgeon."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

[snip]

My oldest daughter got her degree in Psychology.

Started out in banking, working her way up to a VP at B of A.

Then she became an executive in Girl Scouts.

Now she's Director of United Way (a charity, for those of you outside the states) and is also Chairperson of the Republican Party in Yuma County, Arizona.

You never know... just go with the flow ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Heh heh. My physics prof likes to make the joke about creative writing majors working at McDonald's. ;-) This at a liberal arts college...

Tim

Tim Williams

Eh? Care to elaborate on this? My wife's singing voice is not remarkable, but I'm happy with my choice anyway :)

Reply to
zwsdotcom

It seemed to work for Benjamin Braddock.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hey, it works for me!

Cheers! Rich

for further information, please visit

Rich The Philosopher

Good advice.

Mums and daughters are sometimes scarily ( but pleasantly ) similar.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Correct.

I also observed that her mom, at age 40, was still "arousing" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Right, but watch carefully how she treats her husband. She might be nice to other people.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

OK, you've gone and pulled my stopper. So, here's an anecdote, since I'm feeling gregarious. Should have signed, "Richard the Lubricated." ;-)

Anyways, here's the thing.

In this shop, there are two toilets, back-to-back. Evidently, they share a waste drain out to the plug thingie (whatever you call that access port), so when the clog is between the "Y" and the sewer, when you plunge one toilet, all it does is make the water in the other toilet splash up and down. So, we had to call a plumber. Both of the toilets were full of water, so as soon as the plumber opened the plug, water (and whatever) would come out in abundance. I got volunteered to squat next to the plumber, with a shop-vac, to vacuum up the water that got released when he unscrewed the plug.

When he got the plug open far enough, it started producing shit. I said something like, "Ooh, feh, this is disgusting!" and the plumber looks me in the eye, points at this shit that was extruding from this opening, and said, "This is my bread and butter!"

I threw up.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

I was fortunate enough to have a company sponsor me when I studied. But working 8+ hours a day (usually more to impress the boos), then 3 hours on campus + home study time, plus clean the house time, + cook dinnner time + do the washing time...... It all adds up to much like nil sleep. The the wife gets pissed cause you dont spand any time with her.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Hehe! You're not saying the same peculiar situation as we have here in Britain pertains in the US, are you, Rich? Seriously??

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to

Thanks for the advice, Mike. And since I'm already grey and balding it won't be too hard - even for me - to remember to pass it on!

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to
Paul Burridge

So did you vacuum up the barf when you were done?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Well, the money's great, but I wouldn't last at a job that not only makes me throw up, but there's no place to throw up into, because the toilet's blocked. #-/

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Actually, I didn't actually throw up, I only thought I was going to - I felt my gorge rise, I handed the guy the wand of the shop-vac that I thought I would be vacumming up water with, and ran, but by the time I got outside, I was able to hold it back - I was out of the smell and didn't see it any more. I also almost threw up when I tried some menudo once, and I bit down on a big chunk of fat, but it turned out it wasn't fat, it was tripe. BARF!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

What the heck else would you expect to find in menudo? It's a hangover cure, you know, that's why all the places in CA sell it on Sundays.

Here's some stuff to gag on. Check out the pickled pork rinds and the cuitlacoche: