An (OT) question for our contintental european contributors...

Cor, blimey! Would you Adam 'n' Eve it? Some scally's half-inched me bleedin' jam jar!

So much for Bosch security systems! :-(

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to

Cor, blimey!

-God Blind me (epithet)-

Would you Adam 'n' Eve it?

-Would you believe it-

Some scally's half-inched me bleedin' jam jar!

- Some rascal has pinched (stolen) my car -

So much for Bosch security systems! :-(

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Ah, calm down, Tony!

You wanted an excuse to get a new one anyway.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

God blind me! Would you believe it? Some scallywag has pinched my bloody car!

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

Paul, As continental european, I can't make much of your question. Perhaps someone else can reword it ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

I drive a bottom_of_the_range 2litre Diesel Skoda Fabia.

No one in his right mind would want to steal it, and no policeman would have the brass nerve to try and pinch a Skoda driver for speeding.

Mind you, it has cruised quite nicely at 100mph and over a 120-mile regular journey it averages about 64mpg.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

Thank your the "translation". Where is english spoken in such a way? (I'm really curious).

Chris

Reply to
Christian S.

Eastenderia, Estuaria, Fort Neaf.

Reply to
Paul Burke

In the east of londinium

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

That's London, right?

Chris

Reply to
Christian S.

That's for insiders only?!

Chris

Reply to
Christian S.

Thank you very much for the link, that's really interesting!

Chris

Reply to
Christian S.

in roman times,

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

You too, Tony? There's an epidemic of this crime, it seems. I blame the Labour government.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to
Paul Burridge

I had it all the way up to "jam jar" - I thought he was talking about condiments in the pantry! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Any suggestions for alternative (home made) anti-theft systems? My criteria would be (a) nothing (intentionally) lethal, and (b) owner would get sufficient warning to avoid excessive pain if owner initially forgets to disarm it, (c) does not prevent car from being serviced by mechanic if necessary, and (d) likely to induce car thief to voluntarily find new profession.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

etc

It used to be known as cockney rhyming slang, apparently originating in the East End of London as a coded language.

Overused and a little passe now but probably still fashionable with the wannabe yuppies, in places like the Kings Road, Chelsea, London.

A few of the words are so general that they may end up in dictionaries. Eg, Porkies = Pork Pies, = Lies. 'He's telling porkies' is probably understood by every Brit.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to