How to bias a CS mosfet

What "endears" people to me here is if they design electronics, and are willing to discuss it, to play with circuits and concepts, to share ideas.

I don't know what endears men to you, but it surely has nothing to do with electronics.

John

What is that circuit supposed to do? It doesn't bias the mosfet in any way that controls the drain voltage; it just uses a lot of parts to apply 0.083 of Vcc to the gate. If that's all you want to do, two resistors will replace all of that junk.

John

Yebbut not doing it is winding JF up till he can't take anymore.

Its not the first time he's gone off on one when I tried to offer someone a solution, so let him sizzle.

Reply to
Ian Field

Mostly the kind of kooks who've been sticking up for him.

Reply to
Ian Field

It's forecast to hit 102F in Dallas today. Maybe the heat makes him cranky.

John

I'm just observing that "josephkk" is upset with NymNoNuts, when... if HE applied filters the problem goes away. NymNoNuts, like Larkin, gets a forum, because someone feeds him :-( ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

Certainly you're not young enough to ask that honestly, but in the
context posted, it's that instrument which if enough monkeys had
parallel access to, and typed on for long enough, eventually the
Encyclopaedia Britannica would emerge, printed.
Reply to
John Fields

Really? Got numbers on that?

John

"S does a decent verbal description." ???

_There's_ the problem with that, right off the bat.

Moreover, it's impossible for a sketch, or anything else, to convey a
concept instantly, regardless of your disrespect for time.

An LTspice circuit list is created automatically with the generation
of the schematic, so there's no nuisance there, as far as I can tell.

Then, rather than being a minor nuisance, making it able to capture
the circuit list as a vanilla ASCII file, making it capable of being
posted to _any_ newsgroup and, later, being copied and pasted into a
file which could be run by LTspice, was a stroke of genius.

What do you have, in your list of achievements, which can possibly
compare with that?
Reply to
John Fields

If you can't visualize simple circuits from a verbal description, well, I'm not going to be concerned about how big a nuisance you are subjected to.

Speaking of monkeys and typewriters, you sure pound out a lot of characters with hardly any electronics content.

John

A sketch, without component values, can't be verified one way or the other. An LTspice schematic would show up Larkin in a blink. So guess what he chooses to post... actually not much in the way of even sketches anymore... the number of challengers is growing ;-) ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

Not really.

I have a track record.

And you?
Reply to
John Fields

Larkin DOES have a track record... of extraordinary narcissism ;-) ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

I commented on Ian's famous "solution" half assed description, and you are such a hard wired asswipe posting jack brained peanut gallery comments, that you completely missed it.

It was proof that he doesn't have a clue about current sensing, and you prove that you are more about blather than being on the topic of the post, and this sub-thread about Ian's incompetence, and inability to post the CRAP circuit he did a half assed job of describing.

The fact is that YOU and Ian are the ones that cannot produce.

You cannot produce electronics discussion, nor back up your petty, half assed descriptions of half assed circuit solutions.

So, WE are all waiting for YOU and Ian to get back to electrical discussion, while you two are attempting to make it appear that we are not talking about electrical circuits.

You again prove just how wrong you are.

Reply to
Naomi Price

Unreal! And you claim to be human?

If you do not know how to cut and paste simple lines of UDF-8 text, then you are even more stupid than I have been already proving you to be.

Reply to
Naomi Price

Yet the Ian retard will post neither, and actually blatantly refuses by way of his actions.

In other words, he is even more incompetent than you are.

Reply to
Naomi Price

He did, idiot. You must not be reading the thread very well. No surprise there.

Reply to
Naomi Price

A pussy boy response from the biggest pussy boy in the group.

Reply to
Naomi Price

--
So far, it seems to me that your recalcitrance at posting a schematic
or, for that matter, learning to use LTspice, has less to do with me

For example, the assumption that I'm demanding that you post a
schematic, and your subsequent vehement refusal and abuse, smacks of
your belligerence against authority; your parents being the first
instances of authority that you hated but _had_ to submit to.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Silly boy, you must have missed the first post in this thread.

Read it, and then respond to the OP if you have any questions.
Reply to
John Fields