Horowitz-Hill: Serious scholarly query

Actually, they don't mind the pointing so much either, as long as you don't stand there, pointing at the same person. You just point as you're ticking them off: "One, two, three, four, ... two forty-seven, two forty-eight, two forty-nine,..."

I could tell some of them envied my chutzpah. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I believe you may just have enetered into a contract...

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Nobody sent me the $2.50 yet.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Fewer fools on this NG than I suspected...

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

PayPal OK?

John

They thought you were _Joking_! Bwahahahaha!

--
Cheers!
Rich

Actually, it might not be a bad idea to include a page with the names of the regulars on this NG (except maybe for the authors). $2.50 seems a small price to pay...

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Have you checked your snail-mail lately?

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Yes, Sheesh! now what am I gonna do?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Well, the offer was made to me (and I considered sending $2.50 as a joke then decided not to), and you are not required to make the same offer to anyone else.

If Matt says he was paying on my behalf, you are in trouble... :)

Reply to
Guy Macon

Some suggestions:

0) Put me in the book 1) Give it to your favorite charity 2) Spend it on wine, women, and song

You might also make the offer again but ratchet up the amount and see how high you have to make it before people stop sending money...

I took it as an open-ended offer.

Haven't done that yet, but if you want... I will charge you (Guy) a nominal handling fee, though. :)

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Like $2500. However, it's non-transferrable. OK, I'm a man of my word (even if foolishly given), but you'll have to earn it. I'll email you with the details. :>)

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

All joking aside, I would never hold you to such an offer and hereby release you from any obligation. If you choose to insert a joke into your text, I would very much prefer that you decide to do so because you want to, and not because of the Usenet equivalent of a bar bet.

That being said, I am interested in finding out what I could possibly do to earn something from you, even if I don't want the something that is to be earned. What may I do to serve you, O Great One? :)

Reply to
Guy Macon

Should I have had email by now? Or were you really talking to Guy all along?

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Sorry, Matt, I got overwhelmed with work. Send me an email reminder.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Nope. I never got an email either.

W> Sorry, Matt, I got overwhelmed with work. Send me an email reminder.

I just sent one as well. I would like to help in any way that I can.

Reply to
Guy Macon