Horowitz-Hill: Serious scholarly query

Or "this page intentionally left blank on behalf of Guy Macon".

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I read in sci.electronics.design that Spehro Pefhany wrote (in ) about 'Suggestions for AoE

3rd Ed.', on Sat, 16 Apr 2005:

.... or for the Scott Adams Joke Book.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

It's been done:

Cheers!
Rich
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rich The Newsgropup Wacko

I doubt you can bribe Win. The editor might be another story.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I wonder what Win's price would be?

martin

After the first death, ther is no other. (Dylan Thomas)

Reply to
martin griffith

$2.50, in cash.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hello Winfield,

Any remote inkling on when it might be in print...?

Just to make sure we can all secure a spot in front of the bookstore around midnight before publication day, sleeping bag, thermos and all.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Same as downtown! ;-)

Reply to
Rich Grise

I once saw Scott Adams at a book signing. I wasn't interested in buying a book - heaven knows, there's enough Dilbert in the paper and at

to meet my Dilbert needs, but it was interesting, at least to me, that there were at least 300 pepople standing in line. Yes, I walked alongside the line counting people out loud.

I finished counting, went back next door to the bowling alley to drink and throw darts, and when it was time to go home about 3 or

5 hours later, just for S&G I checked the bookstore again, and there were still 300 people in line.

Not the same 300 pepole.

He even played a bit part in a Babylon 5 episode.

So, Win, do you plan to have a book signing? Or appear on TeeVee? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

...and just who is the crazy one? Counting people in a line?

...and just who is tha crazy one? Bowling?

Whew! I thought you were off the edge.

Then again.

Come on Rich! You know damned well you couldn't count after three to five hours of drinking. ;-)

How could you tell?

Yawn.

Win, Are you going to do a signing next to a bowling alley? ...and trust Rich with sharp obkects after three - five hours drinking?

--
  Keith
Reply to

Well, I didn't know any other way of determining how many people were there. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

count the number of shoes and divide by 2

martin

After the first death, there is no other. (Dylan Thomas)

Reply to
martin griffith

Now, that would _really_ look stupid - walking alongside the line, counting _shoes_!

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, you'd be crawling for a better view, and therefore not noticed by the high-sighted rubberneckers in the line. Provided, of course, that you don't audibly call out the count!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Not good with statistics, eh? Count a few random floor tiles occupied by feet, and multiply by the size of the area covered by feet. You really don't need to go counting bodies, they may wonder why you're pointing at them.

Indeed. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

I do believe that makes him look a little wierd. Though "crawling for a better view" may be taken to be a little more kinky.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Yes, yes, out loud is too much, that was my point. Crawling along counting feet is more like a dog, and perhaps might be ignored by this crowd. Well, it was a thought.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Yikes, please don't! It'd be a real shame to have such a useful group tied up with yahoo's awful advertising.

USENET groups are really nice - you may pick your viewer (for just about any platform). Posts are plain text which is nice. A USENET group can be archived if a search engine is required. Google already does a pretty good job.

Regards, Alan

--
Alan R. Turner | Live never to be ashamed of anything you do or say.
To reply by email, remove Mr Blobby.

As long as you aren't laughing at the time they shouldn't mind.

OTOH dogs point, and seem to be laughing much of the time...

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

Actually, as I recall, they rather enjoyed it. At least some of them were laughing. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise