Highly Unusual Bomb Cyclone to Hit Entire Atlantic Coast of U.S.

Trump is a long way from an idiot. But I agree he is not fit to be a President. His forte is in marketing, which could make for a very good President, but his ego prevents him from understanding how to best use his skills for the good of the country. He is still focused on promoting the Trump brand.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Being highly intelligent is probably more of a liability than an asset for the job, anyway. Highly intelligent people also have a tendency to overthink the shit out of everything and get deeply boxed into the "paradox of choice", which is probably a useful trait more often than not in engineering, but can often be a big liability when dealing with politics and people.

Reply to
bitrex

What about orbit insertion from hyperspace travel? Pretty much all SciFi requires a suspension of disbelief. If you enjoy such things, just do it. Don't pick the nits. You'll never get to the story.

Reply to
krw

ter sounds

t has

? The

diot.

e a

good

This isn't true of the more intelligent people that I've known. At some poi nt or other they've all said something like "we've done as much thinking ab out this as is worth doing, so it's time to do something and get some more data to think about".

Courses on managing engineers do caution managers against letting the obses sive compulsive spending ages dithering, but the main problem here is that the managers rarely take the time to understand the actual problem that the ir engineers are obsessing about, and get a horrible shock when the shit hi ts the fan.

My boss at Haffmans BV didn't like to be told about potential problems - "B ill - you and your theories" - but he did like getting previously prepared solutions when the problems became actual.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

scritto:

If I remember correctly in BSG the ship kept the momentum they had before F TL, so I suppose the maneuvering was done just before FTL o just after. But they almost never popped out of FTL too near of a planet (probably for this reason). Mhhh time to rewatch the series and find out :D

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

and you're still focused on showing your ignorance.

Reply to
M Philbrook

ha scritto:

e western, than a Sci-fi show.

.

his

he

Jamie talking about other people's ignorance is a hoot. He doesn't know muc h, and a large slice of what he thinks he knows is amusingly incorrect.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But where did the FTL "momentum" go coming out of FTL?

Again, I don't much care about such details. The point isn't the "science", rather the fiction. The "science" is just a plot device. Star Wars is a pirate movie. ;-)

Reply to
krw

No, don't do that. Hope, lies, fraud, are ALL inferior to knowledge and understanding.

Honestly, does anyone give credence to such bad advice?

Reply to
whit3rd

Tell that to the AGWers.

Tell that to the AGWers.