Herd instincts?

Poltical partisanship is an addiction.

(when they get it transcribed in a couple of days)

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Well that was a useless comparison. Marijuana slows responses too. Obviously, anyone driving under its influence will suffer similar consequences as those driving under alcohol's influence. Obviously, the same "drunk driving" restrictions must be applied to marijuana as well, if it is to be legalized.

Tim

Tim Williams

Can you cite one example of a car crash that was "caused" by marijuana use?

Dood, if you're too stoned to drive, you won't even want to drive.

Trust me. ;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

You must be stoned right now to say something so 'profoundly' absurd.

Reply to
flipper

Slowman hits a home run.

Reply to
Herbert John "Jackie" Gleaso

Fuck you, idiot.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

You ain't real bright, boy.

Before the crackdown of the early eighties and beyond, 100 ton shipments of Columbian weed came in through Miami, and then came up I-75 and then spread to other points out of Cincinnati. We didn't need harder drugs. California was the only place where Mexican weed was prevalent.

After the crackdown, NO shipments of weed come in because it is far too easy to detect, and as a result, cocaine and other harder drugs are what got/get sent in to us all because that is what they were/are able to get through without any/many losses. As a result of that, kids are into huffing paint cans and all other manner of utter stupidity, as opposed to the benign cannabis.

Come back when you have a clue.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Much less 50,000 plus cases a year.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

No religion makes a profit on me. My faith does not involve ANY monetary transaction.

This part applies to you, obviously.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

Margaret Thatcher took their advice and managed to achieve markedly lower rates of economic growth than Germany and France while she was in power. Most of my time in the U.K. was spent working under her dire economic influence - I got there in 1971 and she was Prime Minister from 1979 to 1990, and her glove puppet - John Major - was still in power when I left in 1993.

Check out this URL for a longer version of the story.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Good for you.

Bullie for you.

Platitudes are for the weak minded like you

Whatever.

Reply to
Don Bowey

You must be partaking of the product if you think hard drugs is a 'new' problem.

Reply to
flipper

Telling you to FUCK OFF again.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

innews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What you seem to have failed to notice is that there is good academic work on women's abilities in the hard sciences - they are not significantly different from men's. There are social pressures that discourage women from enrollng in the hard sciences, so they are under- represented, which means that they don't get promoted as they should - see Ginny Vallian's "Why So Slow" ISBN-10: 0262720310, ISBN-13:

978-0262720311 - and Lawrence Summers - the Havard professor involved

- managed to ignore all of it.

Actually, the problem wasn't that his opinion conflicted with the "liberal" view, it was that it conflicted with the scientific concensus available in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.

Ginny Valian's book reviews quite a lot of this work - it is an area where she is reasonably active.

Typically, the National Review article on the subject

ignores her considerable academic standing in the field and writes her off as a rabid feminist, which would have surprised her husband, Jerry Katz

and the vast majority of her acquaintances - it certainly surprises me.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Prohibition didn't work for alcohol, and it isn't working for the other recreational drugs. The "War on Drugs" is just prohibition with different targets and one wonders why U.S. administrations continue to waste money on an obviously futile strategy.

Lenny Bruce used to claim that the war on drugs was merely a conspiracy between the FBI and Mafia aimed at maximising the profits the Mafia got from pushing the drugs and the kick-backs the FBI got from looking the other way. In the Netherlands it turns out that the governemnt can save money by giving drugs addicts their fix for free (provided that the addicts shoot up under supervision so they can't sell on part of their maintenance dose). It costs money to provide the drugs and the supervision, but more than pays for itself by minimising the problems created by desperate addicts.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Everybody thinks they're doing more than their share of work.

If you think you're doing 150%, it's just possible you're pulling close to your share.

Right and Left.........Interesting.

Laziness, egotism, cruelty and ignorance have no politics.

RL

Reply to
legg

Not very imaginative.

Reply to
flipper

"The Great Attractor" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

And .... Why should we? It is in our nature - and if we "improve ourselves" the competetion will spot the obvious weakness and exploit it!

Killing solves *real* problems for people, like who gets to the waterhole, how to get the chetah to stay out of the cave, how to explain to all the competing tribes that they are *not* entitled to you "stuff", how to get all the mormons to bug off to Utah.

That's *that* problem over and done with! Might as well continue as we are then!?

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

You guys sure make limited use of the English language.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Looked like a foul ball to me.

PhD's, in industry settings, are the least productive of all employees... least cash-flow per dollar invested.

For example, Bob Widlar didn't even complete his undergraduate degree until many years in industry.

And Slowman can't hold a job.

...Jim Thompson