Help ID'ing a connector

These are used in a Pickman, a Chinese 72V electric utility vehicle. They look very familiar but I've never placed a name to them. Any suggestions?

David Lesher

I've never seen anything like those. Can't you do an image search on Google? Maybe you can track down information that way. Is there a tech support group for that brand?

Reply to
Michael Terrell

mandag den 10. juli 2023 kl. 16.51.40 UTC+2 skrev David Lesher:

looks a bit but not quite like econoseal

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I use (painted) color-code spade connectors. They are fairly standard and even work on things like relays and circuit breakers, in addition to my 12V, 16V, 48V and 384V batteries. But occasionally burn out some fuses.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

what? you don't just twist them together or use wirenuts?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I (almost) always test the voltage before mating, but there are exceptions to the rule.

I got two many connections to use Andersons. There are 32 pairs to each 384V batteries, but I don't really care about which matching pairs, just RED(+) or BLACK(-) for 12V. 48V is YELLOW and 16V is BLUE.

Touch-up paint works well on them.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

Yes, for some semi-permanent connections. Nothing is permanent.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

It would require a lot of disassembly to get in to replace them. If we could just mate them to others. it would be trivial.

Reply to
David Lesher

I use male spade for the positive and female socket for the negative. I tie pairs of them together with wire ties. They can't go in reverse. The problem is dealing with different voltages, and thus the color codes.

In addition to the 4x12V and 3x16V modules, which are up-shifted into the 48V buffers, before up-shifting to 384V, there are also 144V, 168V and 240V to deal with. I use jumpers, switches and relays for up/down shiftings.

BTW: Wall AC110V gives DC168V; however, a DC12V to AC110V inverter gives DC144V. and a DC48V to AC220V inverter gives DC240V. There is really no standard and no way to predict them without actual testing and measuring.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

Perhaps this one?

Clive Arthur

Is it important to have waterproof connectors?

the contacts look like standard quick-connects if you don't neew waterproof.

There will be a makers mark somewhere on the shell

Or try here, you may need to measure things.

Jasen Betts

It reminds me of motorcycle connectors, of which there's a good selection here:

One of the Sumitomos does look like a good bet.

Theo

Reply to
Theo