Happy voting

here are shortcuts.

ns didn't even bother to look at the evidence -

Zero seems to be the correct answer. You have only made two error, but they are whoppers.

in the Senate.

each and EVERY piece of it.

It didn't. Congress did. "In October, three congressional committees (Intel ligence, Oversight, and Foreign Affairs) deposed witnesses. In November, th e House Intelligence Committee held a number of public hearings in which wi tnesses testified publicly; on December 3, the committee voted 13?9 along party lines to adopt a final report. "

e to convict the President on.

There was plenty, but the Senate never bothered to look at it. "The article s were submitted to the Senate on January 16, 2020, initiating the trial. T he trial saw no witnesses or documents being subpoenaed, as Republican sena tors rejected attempts to introduce subpoenas on January 21 while arranging for trial procedures, and then on January 31 after a debate.".

There's quite a lot of faked evidence that appears to raise questions about Joe Biden, but it's clearly Trump election propaganda, delivered by Trump' s lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

You may be stupid enough to take it seriously. Fox News has been publicisin g it - as you'd expect from a right-wing media organisation - but the main stream media regards it as transparent nonsense.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

e:

the

n't

ow

There were links between the KK and the Southern Democrats, way back. When the Democrats allied themselves with the Civil Right's movement, those Sout hern Democrats moved over to the Republican Party, taking their links to th e KKK with them. Antifa isn't an organisation, and there's no way the Demo crats could "use" it, not that they would want to.

r facts like Sillyanne Conway. Antifa is not even an organization and has n o identifiable members or leaders. It's more of a flash mob.

r hate of the left. So now you must hate me since I discuss the facts rathe r than spewing misinformation. I'm not rabid left. I just want fair handedn ess and equality. We can debate exactly what that means, but when you make baseless accusations it becomes hard to find anything we can discuss.

irrelevant. But don't make up stuff and try to pass it off as fact.

y ARE a part of the Democratic Party history, so DEAL with it. AT LEAST apo logize for it.

They were associated with parts of the southern Democrat movement quite a w hile ago, by the those Southern Democrats moved over to the Republicans wh en the Democrat started backing the Civil rights movement.

me. When you have pallet loads of bricks delivered to riot sites, that clea rly shows organization.

But it doesn't show that Antifa organised it. "Antifa" looks more like an i nvention of the right wing media, designed to let them link various manifes tations of local dissatisfaction into one more conspiracy theory.

tter" on the plywood. That sure tells me who they think the rioters will be , and they sure as hell won't be the Tea Party.

More likely the "Proud Boys". Right wing provocateurs do make a habit of in filtrating peaceful protests, and making violent gestures (like breaking sh op windows) in order to discredit the protests. Protest marches do tend to have marshalls whose job it is to restrain this kind of activity precisely because it makes the protests less effective.

Flyguy doesn't know much, and what he thinks he knows is mostly wrong.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It's a mob that Democrat mayors and governors allowed to riot, burn, and threaten, even while in some cases they actually killed. If the Wolverine Watchmen did that and Republican mayors and governors allowed it you would most definitely conclude they were allies.

That's what FDR said about the constitution.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

This year is a good example of why it's beneficial. It provides a good firewall. Officials in about 45 states can go home and resume their regular lives. Nebraska awarded 4 of its Electoral College votes to Trump, 1 to Biden. I'm not curious enough to figure out how the election would've come out if the whole country used the Maine/Nebraska system.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Wrong. This is what you do. You are pressed into a corner and have nothing valid to say, so you make up stuff about what others would do and defend your indefensible acts by claiming your opponent would do them.

You are just being silly.

Lol. At least you are in the current century... opps, no, not even that!!

--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rickster C

.

ame

t in

so

ional

o be

e's

college, not eliminate it. But it does nothing to deal with the truly scar y prospects of the election ending up in the hands of congress. With the w ay the parties currently are willing to tear this country apart to advance their own interests there would be nothing at all reasonable or fair about Congress being involved in any way with the election.

ronism that has long since outlasted its purpose. TIME TO GO!

There's no firewall.

As everyone could do if we presently used a popular vote. The difference i s currently 3.6 million (~2%) with about that number of uncounted votes. E VERY election district has worked hard to count votes accurately and every one of them makes every effort to not need to defend their actions in court .

Sorry, the states don't make that call until all the votes are in and NE2 s till has precincts not reporting.

I don't particularly care. WE need a popular vote election for President. It would mean the election would take place in the entire country, not ju st in a few swing states.

--

  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rickster C

I hope the Senate stays in Republican control. Democrats will apparently control the House. It's not good if the both chambers of Congress and the President come from the same party. There's too much room for mischief if they do.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

:

and

er

rt.

as

same

by

lit in

ts so

ssional

wo

to be

eall

ere's

l college, not eliminate it. But it does nothing to deal with the truly sc ary prospects of the election ending up in the hands of congress. With the way the parties currently are willing to tear this country apart to advanc e their own interests there would be nothing at all reasonable or fair abou t Congress being involved in any way with the election.

chronism that has long since outlasted its purpose. TIME TO GO!

s a

ce is currently 3.6 million (~2%) with about that number of uncounted votes . EVERY election district has worked hard to count votes accurately and ev ery one of them makes every effort to not need to defend their actions in c ourt.

E2 still has precincts not reporting.

ent. It would mean the election would take place in the entire country, no t just in a few swing states.

If Republicans control the Senate it will only be for two more years. That 's when they have some 20 seats up for grabs and the Democrats only have a dozen or so.

It will take some time to undo the damage that has been done. I was so wro ng when I told my friends that it's no big deal that Trump was elected. Af ter all, the powers are limited by the Constitution and Congress. LOL!!! I was so wrong!

I'd really like to see a parliamentary government here, but I doubt everyon e could spell it. It would be nice to recall a leader if they are screwing up badly enough. It would also be nice to get away from a two party syste m. By having many parties in power they have to form coalitions to have a majority and that means real compromise and consideration of alternative vi ews rather than the self serving, lip service we get now.

Likely not a lot would change. We would all still have guns, pay taxes we don't like and get universal healthcare... wait, no, we DON'T have universa l health care now! What the f*ck is wrong with us?

So who here thinks people should be denied health care if they can't afford it?

It's the do-re-mi approach. You get health care if you have the dough-re-m i. Where's Berni when you need him?

We are supposed to have the best health care in the world. Imagine how muc h better it would be if it was available to everyone in this country!

"I hate Obamacare, but I'm ok with the ACA". Jay Leno I believe interviewe d people on the street asking them how they felt about the ACA vs. Obamacar e and this is a summary of a common opinion.

What a country.

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rickster C

A nice description of the past 4 years........

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Room is neutral; room for mischief is room for progress, or any other purpose supported by the elected representatives of we, the people.

Reply to
whit3rd