Ground short in ac/dc power supply

Hi. I need help to know how can I detection failure (short) betwwen gound to one of power supply input ? This when I work with two phase 208vac I need cheap solution.

Thanks Arie.

Reply to
fisher

Answer: A fuse, perhaps??

I know... that's not terribly helpful. I just couldn't help myself... Sorry.

Maybe a CT?. You could check the current (developed voltage) across one of those snap-on current transformers. And determine a trip point to represent a grounded condition. Not sure that's the cheapest solution though.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

You could use a GFI circuit breaker. They will sense an imbalance of current between the two phases. If the imbalance is off by 5ma (I believe that is the value) or greater, the breaker will trip.

Reply to
scada