consumed energy determing circuit

Hallo all,

I have a Wheatstone bridge, which is biased under a constant voltage. One resistor on the bridge is a heater made from tungsten. The resistance of the heater varies with the environmental temperature. When the heater is cooled, the current through it will increase, i.e. the extra energy is consumed during the cooling. I'm seeking for a circuit which can be adopted to measure the consumed energy of this resistor. It would be thankful, if you could give me any tips on it.

Thanks in advance, JN

Reply to
Juni

Hallo all,

I have a Wheatstone bridge, which is biased under a constant voltage. One resistor on the bridge is a heater made from tungsten. The resistance of the heater varies with the environmental temperature. When the heater is cooled, the current through it will increase, i.e. the extra energy is consumed during the cooling. I'm seeking for a circuit which can be adopted to measure the consumed energy of this resistor. It would be thankful, if you could give me any tips on it.

Thanks in advance, JN

Reply to
Juni

The consumed energy is going to just be the voltage times the current.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

That's just power. The energy is power * time, e.g. watt seconds.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise