Girls

Remember BTK?

--

Rick
Reply to
rickman

Yup, as I've said before, some people just come rotten from the factory. So much for that "Made in God's image" crap.

Reply to
bitrex

Here in SF, I overhear so many conversations that are geek-talk. Stunningly boring, and usually but not always guys doing the talking.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Right on, man! Seriously, just as you say, it's all BS, basically.

Reply to
Chris

No doubt. The technical term is "gender myopia" - assuming that what you find interesting/attractive is the same thing that the other gender finds attractive.

Women are guilty of it too...while I certainly prefer women with college education, a woman explaining to me how many masters degrees she has as a "selling point" isn't going to make me fall head over heels for her by itself.

Or men trying to impress women with the cars they roll. For the most part they'll just roll their eyes. Most women over the age of about 22 couldn't care less.

I think opposites do sometimes attract - I've never dated a female engineer or scientist. They just don't seem that into me. I usually get along much better with women who are artists/musicians, or work in education/social sciences or healthcare.

Reply to
bitrex

But if a woman is geneuinely interested in what they do, and it's not some fuzzy stuff, I'll listen. That goes for men, too. Interesting people aren't very concerned with internals. We have a few acquiaintances who talk constantly, nonstop about their own feelings and trivial activities; I avoid them.

Mo loves my red Audi. Especially when she drives it.

There is a kind of woman who likes engineers. They do seem to work in health care a lot, or in administration sorts of things.

There just aren't enough women engineeers yet for guy engineers to mate with.

lunatic fringe electronics

My girlfriend loves my red Volt. ; )

Reply to
bitrex

Women who like cars are a good start.

I was beginning to see a breakout from the nearly 100% of boring grey and white and black cars, but it doesn't seem to be growing much in mainstream vehicles. "Cute little cars" like the Honda Fit and the horrible little Fiat and Smart Cars tend to be colors.

You can Street View the whole world, and almost all the cars are colorless, even in Italy. I can easily spot my car in a big parking lot; it practically glows in a sea of grey.

lunatic fringe electronics

It's easy to find mine, it's usually parked right out front at the charging station!

Are you talking about the little Fiat 500? I didn't realize they were a "bad car." I see them constantly around here.

But if one insists on buying an subcompact econo-box gas sipper, it seems like buying a couple year old Prius or Mazda 2 just off lease would be a better deal overall than the Fiat.

Reply to
bitrex

It's like invasions of non-native insects. Miata, Mini, now the Fiats.

I think the Fiat recently got reviewed as one of the world's ten worst cars. Fix It Again, Tony.

The neighborhood cliche' is a gay couple with a Mini or a Fiat 500.

I got my blazing red Audi rocket not-much-used, bought out the lease, but it ain't an econo-sipper. Used cars do make a lot of sense.

lunatic fringe electronics

And *why* is that? Walking the ?Auto Row??s of any town and 90 percent are black, white, gray/silver.

I presume that new car dealerships find other colors harder to sell so don?t order them. So boring people want boring colors (well, I consider black not a color). Seems the Europeans (Germans mostly) are bold about the colors they offer: some yellows, oranges, greens. Several years ago an Audi sedan caught my eye with it?s beautiful pearl color. Haven?t seen the like since.

Reply to
DaveC

Dealers stock what people want.

Pearl is just a variation on white. Cadillac has some pearl paint that is repulsive.

Street View Berlin. Most cars are grey or black. The few colored cars are dull, muted colors. Same most everywhere else.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 20:42:43 -0500 amdx wrote in Message id: :

You're new around here, aren't you?

Reply to
JW

in:

to gravitate

ies.

n) and

nal

terribly

stand.

iples

hich

et and

tches,

.

messing

o blame

ed to men

y lose

g.

you

lege

as

r by

22

There was joke in Eurpoe abaout the old Fiat 500: that if ithad the seat be lts you didn't have to pay taxes because it was under the category "Backpac k"

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

Not really, I guess I was just stating the obvious. :-)

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

belts you didn't have to pay taxes because it was under the category "Backp ack"

I've been in one, they're a trip. How anyone dare put one on the road today I don't know though, they're real death traps.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I think I remember reading somewhere that white cars are statistically less likely to be involved in accidents than any other color.

Reply to
bitrex

The worst ones are grey, exactly the same color as asphalt.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

and 90 percent

consider

ffer:

my eye

since.

Even worse is metallic grey. The lower half looks asphalt, the top half lik e sky!

Yellow is the most visible apparently. I would think orange ranked up there too.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I had a dark green car, the very first time I drove it, I was on a tree lined street and someone pulled out in front of me, that was my first experience with ABS, I had my second one about 6 days later. I started driving with the headlights on all the time. Mikek

Reply to
amdx