Do You Love Me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw

How Boston Dynamics created the Atlas robot | How is the world's
coolest robot built?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAjWDhYR0U

Boston Dynamics 2021 - A Glimpse At The Future of Robots?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_aLDq0FFQ

Phenomenal

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Do You Love Me?

Humanoid robots are silly. To clean up something like Fukushima, a
remote controlled backhoe makes sense.

Why do the evil robots in movies always have eyes that glow? That's a
terrible optical concept. Like astronauts with lights inside their
helmets.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Do You Love Me?

You're full of yourself. You can't see further than the end of your
nose, if that far.

Re: Do You Love Me?

By all means, put lights inside your bicycle or motorcycle helmet
visor. That's what movie stars do so it must be right.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Do You Love Me?

Not enough Fukushimas, Chernobyls or TMIs to go around. Very limited
market.

Agile robots would be useful in
- manufacturing
- assembly
- inspection
- quality control
- dangerous environments (gas leaks, radiation...)
- space travel
- health care
- banking
- sales
- airports
- travel
- restaurents
- teaching
- shopping
- house cleaning
- any activity that requires the flexibility and agility of humans
- sex

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Do You Love Me?

That would be useful for cleaning up hazardous messes, like building
collapses and fires and chemical things.

Actually, it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bSXlqFj3to

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Do You Love Me?

You originally wanted a backhoe.

But you snipped my reply. I already included dangerous environments.

Quote:

Agile robots would be useful in
- manufacturing
- assembly
- inspection
- quality control
- dangerous environments (gas leaks, radiation...)
- space travel
- health care
- banking
- sales
- airports
- travel
- restaurents
- teaching
- shopping
- house cleaning
- any activity that requires the flexibility and agility of humans
- sex

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Do You Love Me?

Sex? I've always preferred girls for that. Imagine a software update
at inconvenient times. Or a hacker with a sense of humor. Or without.
Imagine your sweet nothings murmured to a machine, posted online. Or
explaining issues to a service tech.

This is cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqS3vDqmFKI&feature=youtu.be

It makes a lot of sense for some big machines to be remote controlled.
Maybe fire trucks could take along a few little tank-tread hose things
to go *inside* burning buildings.

None of those robots are humanoid. There's one dog-like thing, and
it's the only one in the vid that seems to have no use.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Do You Love Me?

Some people marry their sex dolls. I don't think any of them run Windows.

Professional Bodybuilder Decides To Marry His Blow Up Sex Doll After 8
Months Of Dating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKvFBEuEJ8

The dog can climb over boulders and rough terrain where the other robots
cannot go.

Combine AI and agile robots and you will change the world.

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Do You Love Me?

[...]

You don't even need agile humanoid robots. These are already working:

  These Revolutionary Robots are About to Steal Your Job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v01%ofjPtBlk4

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q82bGtujFA

--

John Larkin         Highland Technology, Inc   trk

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
Re: Do You Love Me?

Too many ads. You need AdBlock Plus

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Do You Love Me?

Ugly, useless, toy.

Re: Do You Love Me?

As most human and animal-config robots are.

--

John Larkin         Highland Technology, Inc   trk

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
Re: Do You Love Me?

  Number 5... is alive!

Re: Do You Love Me?

One has to assume that evolution had *some* reason for selecting
the upright, bipedal form!

Re: Do You Love Me?
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 14:00:11 -0700, Don Y

I've wondered about that. I guess we needed to run fast when we were
hunter-gatherers. But for some reason we have just two legs.

What would life look like on a high-G dense-atmosphere planet? Or a
waterworld? Neither would evolve tennis or volleyball.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Do You Love Me?

And climb, and swim, and crouch, and...

Why don't we have an extra set of eyes on the back of our heads -- instead
of a head/torso that swivels?  Or, *4* (3?) fingers on each hand?

Regardless, *assume* that evolution found some advantage to making us
upright -- not slithering on our bellies or trotting on all fours or ...

We, of course, have designed instruments and equipment that are best suited
to *our* form (we don't design bulldozers to be driven by bears or birds).
So, everything that we can operate can conceivably be operated by a humanoid
robot.

Need a BIGGER bulldozer?  We've already got one -- no need to design a
bigger ROBOT bulldozer for that (atypical?) application!  (or, alternatively,
expect a robot bulldozer to be able to drive a BIGGER robot bulldozer!)

Re: Do You Love Me?

Evolution very rarely makes big jumps - it is the sum of incremental
small changes.  The move from no eyes to some eyes was very beneficial,
and thus spread widely from early days of complex animals.  Moving from
2 to 4 eyes would make little difference, and thus be highly unlikely.
(Not impossible, just highly unlikely.)

When arms and hands gradually became more useful for other purposes,
they became less good for walking on.

Re: Do You Love Me?
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 15:12:07 +0100, David Brown

Or it mostly makes big jumps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambrian_explosion

the biggest jump being the creation of DNA life itself.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc