Do You Love Me? How is the world's coolest robot built

Do You Love Me?

How Boston Dynamics created the Atlas robot | How is the world's coolest robot built?

Boston Dynamics 2021 - A Glimpse At The Future of Robots?

Phenomenal

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
Reply to

Humanoid robots are silly. To clean up something like Fukushima, a remote controlled backhoe makes sense.

Why do the evil robots in movies always have eyes that glow? That's a terrible optical concept. Like astronauts with lights inside their helmets.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

You're full of yourself. You can't see further than the end of your nose, if that far.

Reply to
John S

Not enough Fukushimas, Chernobyls or TMIs to go around. Very limited market.

Agile robots would be useful in

- manufacturing

- assembly

- inspection

- quality control

- dangerous environments (gas leaks, radiation...)

- space travel

- health care

- banking

- sales

- airports

- travel

- restaurents

- teaching

- shopping

- house cleaning

- any activity that requires the flexibility and agility of humans

- sex

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
Reply to
Steve Wilson

By all means, put lights inside your bicycle or motorcycle helmet visor. That's what movie stars do so it must be right.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

That would be useful for cleaning up hazardous messes, like building collapses and fires and chemical things.

Actually, it's done.

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

I play the mouth organ, I like to think I'm pretty good. Then I hear players like Larry Adler and Brendan Power to name but two.

Same with these guys. Absolutely brilliant. Bastards.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

You originally wanted a backhoe.

But you snipped my reply. I already included dangerous environments.

Quote:

Agile robots would be useful in

- manufacturing

- assembly

- inspection

- quality control

- dangerous environments (gas leaks, radiation...)

- space travel

- health care

- banking

- sales

- airports

- travel

- restaurents

- teaching

- shopping

- house cleaning

- any activity that requires the flexibility and agility of humans

- sex

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
Reply to
Steve Wilson

Sex? I've always preferred girls for that. Imagine a software update at inconvenient times. Or a hacker with a sense of humor. Or without. Imagine your sweet nothings murmured to a machine, posted online. Or explaining issues to a service tech.

This is cool:

It makes a lot of sense for some big machines to be remote controlled. Maybe fire trucks could take along a few little tank-tread hose things to go *inside* burning buildings.

None of those robots are humanoid. There's one dog-like thing, and it's the only one in the vid that seems to have no use.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

Steve Wilson wrote in news:XnsACD797FB8CD0Cidtokenpost@144.76.35.252:

Number 5... is alive!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

==================================

** Such self criticism....

** There are other jobs.

** Makes them look evil ?
** Impossible to see their face otherwise.

Oh, of course JL never looks at people's faces. Avoids eye contact whenever he can.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Clive Arthur wrote in news:s0rmq0$sut$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

snip

These humans are brilliant. And spontaneous. These were not pieces picked from several takes... these were ALL impromptu.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Some people marry their sex dolls. I don't think any of them run Windows.

Professional Bodybuilder Decides To Marry His Blow Up Sex Doll After 8 Months Of Dating!

The dog can climb over boulders and rough terrain where the other robots cannot go.

Combine AI and agile robots and you will change the world.

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
Reply to
Steve Wilson
[...]

You don't even need agile humanoid robots. These are already working:

These Revolutionary Robots are About to Steal Your Job

The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
Reply to
Steve Wilson

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc trk

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet. "Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"

Too many ads. You need AdBlock Plus

The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
Reply to
Steve Wilson

Ugly, useless, toy.

Reply to
John S

As most human and animal-config robots are.

--

John Larkin         Highland Technology, Inc   trk

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"

Stunning indeed. To those saying "humanoid robots are useless" I say "show me you can make one like these of Boston Dynamics and I may listen to your arguments".

The whole point at this stage is to learn how to make such robots, and the guys in Boston have managed to make their devices move and control their movements better than humans can, it would seem.

But then we are probably destined to evolve onto silicon, there is so much more of it than carbon on Earth :-).

Dimiter

Dimiter_Popoff

I say, show me a use.

Why would someone go to a lot of effort to build something that is useless?

The real test will be to see if the people making humanoid robots can sell them and make money. So far they seem to be investor-money-sink toys.