Girls

How terribly outdated. Girls nowadays marry for money and (if at all possible) fame by association.

Reply to
Chris

Girls marry for love. Boys marry because of a chronic irritation that causes them to gravitate in the direction of objects with certain curvilinear properties. Ashley Montagu

Reply to
amdx

Ok, he died in 1999 at 94 years old, so maybe outdated, but still a common happening on the male side.

Reply to
amdx

Heh. Sounds like ol' Ashley didn't exactly have a lot of real-world relationship experience.

Men are the romantics. Women are the realists.

Boys marry for love. Girls marry because they've found a man suitable to her purposes for a time.

Reply to
bitrex

looks like at least someone gets it. +1

Reply to
bitrex

Many men marry not for love, but for "love", by which they mean they don't have the self-confidence/experience/ambition/intellectual and/or physical attractiveness to really have interactions with women on equal terms, and they think it means they're gonna get regular sex on lock without really having to work too hard for it, so they pop the question to the first lady who seems even mildly interested.

That's usually a mistake.

Reply to
bitrex

You sound like you're as hard up as Blobby.

Reply to
krw

That?s *always* a mistake.

Reply to
DaveC

I think Ashley said the same thing you have, he just defines "love" and "gravitate" differently than you do.

--

Rick
Reply to

The key to having success in love and war is sort of like what Sun Tzu said - to not fear the result of a hundred battles, one must both know "the enemy", and know thyself.

Reply to
bitrex

Like I said, you're as hard up as Blobby.

Reply to
krw

The funny thing about men, who are pretty satisfied with their romantic lives, is that they don't spend a lot of time engaging with tired played-out "I bet you never get laid!" type of statements, because at the end of the day it doesn't matter what anyone else believes. Attempting to deny accusations or somehow "prove" otherwise is a complete waste of time.

"I bet you never get laid!" is the default-mode fallback statement that everyone says to a man who has opinions about relationships that don't agree with the other party's paradigms. Who hasn't heard it a thousand times before?

Reply to
bitrex

I bet you never get laid.

Martin Riddle

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

Totally irrelevant.

The fact that it all boils down to "getting laid" just proves my point. You are as hard up as Blobby.

Reply to
krw

Yeah, "hard up" the hottest women in Phoenix most likely. ;-)

Reply to
Julian Barnes

You gotta be kidding.

Reply to
krw

There's nothing wrong with comparing notes, if the talking actually serves a purpose other than just narcissistic aggrandizement.

Reply to
bitrex

That makes 1001.

Reply to
bitrex

This thread sure didn't go the way I thought it might. Waist/Hip ratio, curvacious shapes. I guess you guys just like to argue.

Carry on.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx