Recommendations for power monitoring

Hi I have a work project which requires me to design a small circuit for monitoring about 6 different voltages/currents. These currents will be low, about 250mA. Also, I would like to be able to switch 'on' power for each of these voltage sources. Now, obviously, this is easy to do with some power fets for power switching, a resistive divider + A/D converter and an instrumentation amp + A/D for current monitoring.

I would like to, however, simply use some off the shelf power, self contained, IC. This is simply due to lack of time for the most part. I haven't been lucky finding anything that combines these features. Does anyone have any part recommendations for what I am looking for?

Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

I just put together a multi-channel monitoring system using the MAX4372 high side current sense amp and MAX1229 ADC

Accuracy and offset isn't too bad, and the ADC has a useful hardware averaging mode, and bonus on-chip temp sensor. A lower cost pin compatible 10bit version of the ADC is available too I think.

If the voltage source is a regulator, then you can simply choose one with a disable input pin.

There are other current sense amps out there, but I chose the MAX4372 because it has a common mode range down to zero volts.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones