a Jim Williams Schematic

My friend Mark Kahrs sent me this:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Jim_Williams_schematic-1.jpg

Don't know where he got it from.

His question to me was, what can you tell about a person's personality from their schematics?

John

He was an XCKD fan?

(posted here many times:

)

Reply to
krw

The creator of that schematic has/had a very low ARQ. Art

Reply to
Artemus

He's more of a creator than an organizer, and either in a hurry, doesn't really care what the roobs think, or prematurely releases preliminary drafts, which would be a sign of a certain degree of impatience and/or immaturity.

What do _YOU_ think?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Possibly the more important question would be: Does it work?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

LOL!

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

What's wrong with it? He obviously drew it up piecemeal while he was conceiving the implementation...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Looks more like a Bob Pease drawing to me. ...Jim Thompson

--
                  [On the Road, in New York]

He could afford a lot of good drugs?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(RIP, Jim)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Wow, this one has component values.

Martin Riddle

It' from Paul Rako's EDN Blog

matic_from_1992.php

Reply to
Wanderer

Amazing coincidence. I just saw it for the first time and posted it just before reading this.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Yup. Lots and lots of them.

John

Very preliminary "brainstorm" schematics like that should be referred to the round file after suitable revisions and, in this case, massive clean-up.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I'd say that he'd not discovered drafting film or electically powered erasers. Back in the days when we designed onto drafting film, and had a schematic hanging up on a drawing board in the open lab for a week or two, you'd have bits of the schematic that looked liked that until you got around to tidying it up.

For some of the more complicated scribbles, you'd run the drafting film through the dye-line printer to preserve a copy before you erased the scribbled bit.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Apologies to the XKCD guy: