Just wound a 1 to 1 transformer by hand in 1 minute.

Just wound a 1 to 1 transformer by hand in 1 minute: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/1_to_1_transformer_in_1_minute.jpg

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Well then... That makes you one attention seeking twit for posting about your dumb achievement here.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I thought of winding the O-core transformers and chokes with a ribbon cable. Unfortunately, the ribbon cable insulation can not sustain the high temperatures.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

What sort of frequency response are you getting?

I do the same thing but with micro-coax. Use the shield as primary and the inner as secondary. It makes a phenomenal wideband transformer.

This is a transformer-isolated 60 volt pulse, into 50 ohms:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/HV_mosfet_pulse.jpg

John

On a sunny day (Fri, 02 Jan 2009 09:39:57 -0600) it happened Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote in :

There actually exists high temerature ribbon cable:

Dataheet:
Temperatue range: -65 to +260 degrees for nickel plated.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The company I work lets me buy transformers. I think we get them from a Chinese manufacturer whose assemblers can wind them faster than 1 minute

Reply to
bulegoge

On a sunny day (Fri, 02 Jan 2009 08:03:49 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Thats is a nice clean pulse. I wound this for a slightly bigger version of my DC / DC converter, and it is already in circuit, and waiting for some glue to dry (glued the transformer to the PCB). So I cannot measure it stand alone anymore, but the waveform looked pretty clean, without the oscillations I had with normal wire on a smaller core.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 2 Jan 2009 08:12:00 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrote in :

It is a long trip to China and back for one transformer. Takes more then a minute too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

At ten times the price. Doh!

Bifilar or quad filar mag wire is far cheaper and far better at performing the task.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I knew there was a reason why I left idiots in Ohio behind.

That has to be one of the most retarded remarks I have seen yet.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Since I am the last competent Ohioian I know, I will not take offense at that dig at the buckeye state.

However since I'm in the middle of making a new SSB IF for my home made microwave radio, I do appreciate Jan's post. I know, just buy one, but since the demand for 2 meter SSB has gone down, the cost of the yaesu-icom stuff has skyrocketed. A rig that was 400 two years ago is now 650. Steve

Reply to
osr

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Reply to
bulegoge

I know lots of very competent Ohioian's. I even say that being native to the enemy state to the north.

Reply to
bulegoge

None of them are in government or law enforcement. Maybe they all eat dinner at the Governor's mansion up in Illinois.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

In article , snipped-for-privacy@uakron.edu says...>=20

Yeah, I moved out of Akron in August '08 (in in Aug '07). ;-)

Reply to
krw

We hand-wind transmission-line transformers, and hot-melt glue them to boards. We've done thousands, and it works great.

John

What are you driving the transformer with? What did you do with the finished 60V pulse?

Reply to
Winfield Hill

You could take 1 minute and make another one. :-)

Reply to
Winfield Hill

On a sunny day (Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:35:25 -0800 (PST)) it happened Winfield Hill wrote in :

But I have no more cores like this :-) And I started using this core because I ran out of small potcores.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I guess he'll be ignoring your retarded ass then.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever