For all the Americans to watch..

-- "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

"

Reply to
Jamie

It was an absolutely perfect response, and I only wish that one of the retards that erected would have tried to stop him.

THAT would have been a nice piece of video.

Just remember... there are plenty of Euro countries that would have dispatched a cop to the scene, and the person erecting such a flag over the flag of their nation would have been shot by the cop. Period.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I can think of a better version...

Democrats are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Oh, but that is "cruel and unusual" punishment; outlawed by the Constitution and the US Supreme Court.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Remember that many would argue "Its not unusual. We do it all the time".

Reply to
MooseFET

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Yep- ya' got just about all the *flag wavers* covered there...see wiki:-) "Politics In politics this cliché is frequently employed as a metaphoric description of patriotism. In this context, it can be a compliment, or, more often, an insult or of excessive patriotism, or flamboyant patriotism, or deception. "

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Ya know, Fred, I'm getting so I despise your sorry ass. Why don't you go away and suck your thumb, you poor excuse for a human. Why are Democrats so ANTI everything?

Fred is like a Slinky, not really good for anything, but he brings a smile to my face when pushed down the stairs ;-)

Try me, Fred, try me.

...Jim Thompson

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Come on, Jim. Even Slinkys have mre feelings that the 'dead frog'.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You try us all, thoroughly, Thompson.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Quoting from the link:

"The Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that violations of the Flag Code are protected First Amendment Rights for political speech."

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Interesting. Where do you think that would have happened?

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

True. But abuse a US flag in front of me and I reserve the right to go temporarily insane... if you get my gist ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I'm with you there - Bro. If they don't like living here - then GET THE HELL OUT. No one is kissing their ass to come here if they did - OR kissing their ass to stay here - if already a citizen.

That - if I'm not mistaken - "used" to be "TREASON" - punishable by Death? It still should be.

Reply to
radiosrfun

You are mistaken. Treason is defined in the Constitution:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

Playing around with a flag does not qualify. However, disclosing the name of a secret intelligence operative in time of war does (as aid to our enemies).

Reply to
Richard Henry

C'mon. The guy probably didn't even know what he was doing. Apparently no one ever took the time to explain things to him. I'm not an American, so to me it was just "two flags on a pole".

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

I get your gist, but it's just a colorful piece of cloth -- like any other flag in the world. Nothing worth to get worked up about.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

You need to work on your cultural sensitivity. It's like mishandling a Koran or something.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Maybe for you. Me? I take it personal.