Flag desecration?

If they are our things and the fire doesn't damage anothers property or infringe their inalienable right, yes.

--
Aaron
Reply to

No, you can only EXERCISE your "rights" if sufficient force is available and assigned to defend you against people who would take them away.

--
Aaron
Reply to

--
Amen.
Reply to

My concepts of "rights" is testable, and yours is entirely abstract. If you think you have a right to free beer, just hold up all the liquor stores you like.

John

I\'ll get back to that in a while.
Right now I\'m having fun on seb. :-)
Reply to
John Fields

--
Herb Shriner?

David Letterman?

Et Al?
Reply to
John Fields

Hoosiers. eg. Dan Quayle, David Letterman, Florence Henderson, John Mellon Cougarcamp etc. Gary looks scary. Button = "Booton", President = "Parsident" eg. "Dick Lugar, everything a Parsident should be"

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

--
Don\'t just hope, that\'s asking for Mommy. Make it your
responsibility to find a place or to make a place.

Even though hiding isn\'t exactly freedom, is it?
Reply to
John Fields

--- That's a load of total horseshit. You have no rights, and when push comes to shove, the only way you get to do what you want to is if you're willing to kill anyone who gets in your way.

Or get someone else to do the killing, which is the same thing anyway.

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

--
Tanks! :-)
Reply to

Actually, it was my girlfreind, in Terra Haute.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

That is not so. The chip industry never came with a replacement for it, other than some variants, such as a CMOS version, a dual version, etc.

It *is* a neat chip, and some folks are able to add little tricks and make it do even more than advertised. That explains also why it so popular, and still a good choice for many small applications.

I never used it. I have used the 4538 in perhaps a dozen applications, but those application were build around lots of 4000 stuff, and the 4538 is in that family.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

And you are fount of original wit. When you've learned to read without moving your lips you could read some of Richard Steven Walz's postings and learn what real abuse sounds like.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

I've never used it either, despite being exposed to it in the mid

1970's, and none of the numerous electronic engineers I've worked with over the years has seemed to use it either.

It seems to be a chip that these days fills a much needed gap. As Hans Camenzind's book makes clear, it was widely adopted when it was first introduced, but as the range of chips available to the designer got broader, the number of places where it made sense to use a 555 rapidly shrank.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

I suspect all of us could name commercial products we've seen them in, though... I remember that the Commodore 64 used one to generate a reset pulse for the CPU!

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

I always ended up using an LM339 so I could set the behavior to suit my needs... built many a buck regulator using the LM339 as the controller.

...Jim Thompson

So, you're unamerican too, huh?

Here's an excerpt from a very old document: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ..."

I found a copy of it here:

Maybe you should learn a little about the country you're enjoying the benefits of. Maybe then you'll see that what the bureaucrats are trying to do to her is wrong.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Do they poosh the booton? ;-)

Reply to
Rich Grise

Maybe that's part of the problem with the sheeple - they think "rights" means "entitlements", which is totally ass-inside-out.

And, of course, the politicians are only too happy to shovel on the pork.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

If it gets me through the conflagration alive, then it will have been in the Spirit of Freedom. You can't be very free if you're dead, either.