Flag desecration?

The Constitution does not give us rights.

It recognizes some, and limits the governments power to interfere with those.

Reply to
John Popelish

The Constitution doesn't "give" anybody anything. You are endowed by your Creator[1] with unalienable rights. The purpose of the Constitution is to enumerate and delineate the Creator-given rights that the government is expressly forbidden to violate.

Unfortunately, very few people seem able or willing to grasp that concept.

Thanks, Rich [1] That's "Creator", as in whatever it was that caused you to be born human. Whether by Mom and Dad f****ng, or some Cosmic Leviathan, or the Great Roulette Wheel in the sky, you have unalienable rights by definition, since you are a living human being.

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

That's silly. You only have "rights" if sufficient force is available and assigned to defend you against people who would take them away. The Constitution indeed gives us rights, because it establishes a force of law that allows us to do specific things. We have freedom of the press not because Mom or Dad or God gives it to us (neither the Bible nor the Koran mentions anything about printing presses) but because we have cops who will bust people if they burn down your print shop.

The rights are "inalienable" only because the guys who wrote the Constitution thought they were. They didn't think it was OK to marry your own sex or another species, so they didn't include those. They didn't even apply "inalienable" rights to black folk... that came later.

What matters is force, and the decision where to apply it.

John

Rich,

In your case, I'm sure it must have been the Flying Spaghetti Monster -->

. :-)

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Intelligent beings avoid Kansas and Iowa ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Indiana doesn't exist. I mean, have you ever met anyone from Indiana?

John

'Fraid so ;-)

...Jim Thompson

This is total victim mentality. You want to turn over responsibility for your own well-being to some external authority.

That is the entire problem. You've summed up what's wrong with the populations of the whole world.

Too many People don't want Freedom, they want Mommy. I just hope that there's someplace to hide when the inevitable collapse comes.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Does my Dad count?

Although, he is dead now... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

If you live alone in the woods, you get to define your rights any way you like. But social rights exist in a social context. I sure as hell count on external authorities for a lot of my well-being: PG&E, the San Francisco Fire Department, the US Navy, and the companies that make the medicines that keep me alive, just to name a few.

Collapse? You wish! The world has been getting heathier, happier, more educated, and yes, more free, more or less steadily since about 1400.

John

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:28:40 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

You Da Man!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 12 Jul 2006 06:06:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org Gave us:

You're an idiot then.

Useful in products... That's a given, since they are still so popular.

Useful in the lab for all kinds of things like making programmable duty cycle loads for power supplies...

Do you want to pulse a piezo spritzer on a specific schedule? It's the pup to do it.

Hey, I know! Just use a $35k Herley Synthesizer!

SlowMan... YOU are deprecated. Sorry.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:41:41 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

Try a schottky.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:07:49 GMT, Richard The Dreaded Libertarian Gave us:

Every see "Blazing Saddles", dumbass?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:26:11 -0700, "Joel Kolstad" Gave us:

Absolutely hilarious. Although the FSM wouldn't have anything to do with RichTard either.

Snails melt when one puts salt on them. Flying Spaghetti Monsters melt when folks like RichTard breathes their alcohol breath on them.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:38:49 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

If you are referring to the FSM, it would fall under "Supreme Being".

Does this expounding make me a "Pastafarian"?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:26:14 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

I almost got banned from there once.

There are specialized cop driver training schools there as well.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Even worse: I went to Indiana to see someone.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Unfortunately, you are the idiot. The 555, like the 741, is popular because it is a legacy product. Huge numbers were designed into products before there was anything much better available, and hobbyists and un-inspired engineers have kept on designing them into new products because they are basically copying and adapting old products, rather than thinking about what they are doing.

The 555 falls firmly into the catagory "not recommended for new designs".

If you don't know a better solution, of which there are a legion, most of them explicitly designed for something much closer to the application.

The fact that even you can do it that way doesn't make it the best way of doing it.

A peculiarly inappropriate strawman.

I must say that if the Fuchwit expressed admiration for anybody, I'd wonder what was wrong with them - his disapproval is a load I think I can endure.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

On 13 Jul 2006 04:07:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org Gave us: