finally lost their minds

Threats of bodily harm.

John

Tell them they have my moral support. I'd also be very unhappy with this kind of chip, especially when considering the narrow gaps between the power connections and peripheral pins. Just like I am not a fan of BGA, seen too much grief there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

What is the big deal? Did they throw a hissy fit when you showed them your first BGA?

Bob

--
== NOTE: I automatically delete all Google Group posts due to uncontrolled
SPAM ==

No, but they ran out and bought a bunch of desoldering IR+hot air workstations, and a mini-stencil system, and a cool optical stage split-image video thing for dropping the replacement FPGA exactly down onto the board. And they've never used any of it, because our FPGA placement/soldering/electrical operation yield so far is 100%.

But you'd figure on blowing up switching regs now and then.

Incidentally, on that chip, the pins that are very close to the power pads are the same voltages, so shorts there don't matter.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to sink heat out of all three power pads. That could get messy.

I wonder if they've bonded discrete fets to two of those pads, and the IC to the third? Maybe I'll bust one open and see.

John

message

an

quoted text -

Cack, Jim. Just tap the "H" key and see for yourself, Mozilla 4.0 or a variant.

Reply to
JosephKK

quoted text -

Here's what Agent shows as your headers. I don't see Mozilla in there anywhere. What character set are you using? My reader is set at us-ascii, utf-8

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

I second that. After owning a Toyota station wagon I bought a sedan. Bringing something big is out of the question. Fortunately my wife bought a hatch-back. I wanted to trade my car for a Volvo station wagon, but so far no luck. On the other hand, the Volvo would have sucked my wallet empty by now :-)

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

That's why I own a small pick-em-up truck, Nissan Frontier, extended cab... so I can bring home 4' X 8' sheets of plywood or drywall, yet put a couple of grandkids in the jump seats if need be ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Jim Thomps>What's with all the "?" marks above in the quoted text?

Too stubborn to read posts with his username in the Subject line.

*-link+*-Reply-at-the-bottom-*-*-*+DO-NOT+More.Options+blockquoting+zzz+weird-looking-posts

Google Groups.

Reply to
JeffM

quoted text -

You missed your target again. Check an mpm post.

7-bit ascii for me like the headers say.
Reply to
JosephKK

quoted text -

It wasn't you who said, "Cack, Jim. Just tap the "H" key and see for yourself, Mozilla 4.0 or a variant."??

I take it you really meant to say it wasn't your reader that put all the ??? in there.

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

quoted text -

Correct. I have not observed that behavior from agent, or other news clients i have used, but saw the ?? within others replies.

Reply to
JosephKK