more China Wall pics

We finally got The Brat's jeep up here and found an entrance into the tunnels and snow sheds of the original Transcontinental Railroad.

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_second_tunnel.jpg

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_jeep_inside.jpg

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_inside.jpg

ftp://66.117.156.8/CW_landing.jpg

Engineers need vacations, too.

John

Where is this Alameda? or Sacramento.

Martin Riddle

Just west of Truckee.

John

Is this the general area? Did you take Old Donner pass Rd?

Martin Riddle

The entrance we found is in the center of this pic:

in the back of a big dirt lot on Donner Pass Road, across from the ski lift. It looks like there may be other ways to get into the system, further east, but I'm not sure. It looks quasi-legal, so check it out while it lasts.

On foot, it's an easy climb from DPR, below the Chinese Wall, just east of the Rainbow Bridge. Don't step on the petroglyphs.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/CW_wall.jpg

John

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Ahh, I see now . Thanks!