Ferrite Inductor Tolerance

So you guys release new designs without due ECO process? I sure hope you don't design anything that can harm people.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You obviously can't read what you're responding to. Illiteracy is like that.

Says the always wrong, scat fetishist, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

AlwaysWrong doesn't design anything, so no he doesn't release ECOs. Everyone else here who does, uses an ECO process, certainly.

Reply to
krw

Yup.

Maybe they have a different release process for new stuff even though it typically _changes_ a product from previous to next generation. Having two different release processes doesn't strike me as particularly smart, but who knows :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The ECO process is for changes made to a design, not the original document.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

ECO is NOT for a "release", and not all releases are next gen designs of previous work, idiot.

Two proofs that you are chasing your own tail.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

AlwaysWrong is , *SURPRISE*, wrong again. It is an engineering change to the database so an Engineering Change Order is necessary. It's really that simple, AlwaysWrong. You should know simple, by mirror.

DimBulb just can't avoid the hind-end references.

Reply to
krw

AlwaysWrong is *ALWAYS* wrong. No shock, though.

Reply to
krw

One of my former teachers had an interesting statement where it came to tolerances:

"Electronics is the art of cancelling component variations."

IOW: design smart and tolerances are not a problem at all.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

This works on chips, but not boards. It's pretty tough to cancel independent variables.

Reply to
krw

Which is why my original response was that there was no need for such levels of precision in inductors.

Now we have come full circle. Or is it fool circle?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

With you in the middle, it's a fool's circle jerk.

Reply to
krw

I have asked them. What I am asking here is what is typical/normal and what are the contributing factors.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Thanks Joerg, that is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I have heard the Al can vary by 20% for some core types. has this been your experience too?

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

I am confused. I never mentioned a value of inductance tolerance, I merely asked what were typical values for it.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Yes, 20% is quite common, often 30%. It depends on where you get the core material from. It can be quite constant for hundreds of cores and then all of a sudden there is a jump to another value. IOW, you cannot rely on measurements and extrapolate. At least not for longer or larger production runs.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

What do they suggest as normal tolerances? What can they do for more money?

John

Ground-gap pot cores can be pretty good. Not cheap.

John

Said the senile old fucktard that cannot even formulate a contributory response... ever.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

There is no such thing as a "contributory response" from someone who is

*always* wrong, AlwaysWrong.
Reply to
krw